1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[538] Nate Silver: LeBron should go to Rockets, win 69 games, Dominate NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Jul 10, 2014.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Its a shame none of them want to be in Houston. Melo wants the bright lights; and Lebron now wants to be the prodigal son of Cleveland.

We should just split the league up into 4 cities- LA, NY, Miami, and Chicago.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't understand that this apparently never was an option. It just seems so obvious that if he wants to win, this is the way to go?!

Who knows...maybe a sensational surprise could still happen?

It would just be too amazing.

If this happens, everyone must worship Morey.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He has an excuse as to why he'd go back to Cleveland, if he came to Houston, he'd just look like a merc.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So you can win with Harden and he actually does a tremendous amount more good than bad for a team?

Crazy.

5. basketballholic

On this one...Nate agrees with me...finally. (Took him a while.) ;)

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=9018724&highlight=Lebron+Rockets#post9018724

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9016691&postcount=21

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Honestly if I were Lebron I wouldn't sign with Houston. Both Dwight Howard and James Harden come off like flakes. Why would Lebron put himself into a situation where he'd have to rely on Dwight Howard's immaturity and James Harden's no shows? If I were him I'd much rather play with young players like Irving and Wiggins in my hometown. Players he can guide and groom into superstars to carry him when he's 33+ years old.

7. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

It would be crazy if Morey pulls out one last pitch and gets Melo and Lebron here and trade Harden. I know its not going to happen but person can dream right. if this does happen it will shake up entire NBA News. lol

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Doesn't really matter - basketball wise it would be the strongest team he could possibly join along with the Clippers. Saying Harden and Howard are flaky is pointless and focuses too much on the microscope- they're two of the very best at their position, if not the best, in their prime. Lining up next to Dwight is vastly preferable than lining up next to Anderson Varejao at this point in his career, even if Varejao is less flaky.

Harden and Howard, warts and all, are way better to have on your team than any of his other options. As for Irving and Wiggins, bird in hand....LeBron's not getting any younger and it's not as if Cleveland is a well-run franchise.

But it's not all about basketball. It's about family, location, $$, etc too - and that's really the way it should be.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Spoken clearly like someone who has never watched a Kansas or Cleveland game last year.

10. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Don't think he'll come here, but LeBron on the Rockets would the city on the map big time.

We'll be up there with the Lakers and Celtics in terms of marketing.

11. ApuN

ApuN Member

Rings are'nt a priority anymore.

Getting two took a tremendous weight of his back

LeBron doesn't want to be hated anymore at home. The guy loves being loved and there's no greater love than coming from your home

Going home he gets to be:

1. Regarded as a "champ"
    2. Since he is a "champ" be looked upon as a "savior"
    3. And since he is a "savior" coming home and not the "scoundrel" when he left, he will be
    the "prodigal son"

Going back to Cleveland will be all about him, unlike if he signed with the Rockets

12. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Lebron to the Rockets makes a lot of sense to me.

13. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ha. I see Rockets games. That's enough. Lebron's play can fix a lot of things but it can't fix missing free throws at the end of elimination games and it can't fix someone's desire to give effort on a nightly basis.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If he doesn't win in Cleveland . .. what is he then?

Rocket River

16. ApuN

ApuN Member

He'll always be a "champ"

Just not a Cleveland "champ".

Having a ring from somewhere is better than having none at all - especially in a loser city that hasn't won anything.

17. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

James obviously cares about his reputation in the history of the game. It can only be Miami or Cleveland.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm sorry but any one saying stupid s*** like "Melo is LaLa's b****" is single and likely still lives with their parents. Yes, even highly successful multimillionaires who are in a loving relationship consider what is best for their family. I don't really understand why that is a bad thing.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Too bad everybody in the NBA, NFL, and MLB hates Dwight Howard, and doesn't want to play with him. At least that's according to a certain insider here ;)

Just kidding CyberX!

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Silver is a certified genius at predicting things using computer modeling and god knows what. He's proven that during election cycles time and again. If I'm Lebron and read this, I hope he at least takes it seriously, even if it ultimately makes no difference to him. What I like about this (nice find, OP!) is that anyone sitting on the fence about what to do during their free agency decision making would be smart to factor in their own impact on a team like Houston after reading this (assuming they do). Of course, at this juncture, I'm talking about Chris Bosh. The Rockets are a perfect fit for him.