1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 reasons why you hate the Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by devin23, Nov 21, 2007.

1. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Yep, cu-b*tch #1 reason. Pretty much agree with the rest of the list as well.

2. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Who cares? Worry about the Rockets. Quit having a stalkier obsession over the Mavs like Red Sox fan over Yankees. Or Aggie fan over Longhorns.

3. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Is it me, or does Jason Terry have a head shaped like Stewie?

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

For the same reason other folk on clutchfans peruse other forums to read whats being written about the rockets.

I'm sorry i don't think like you, i don't have time to worry and b*tch and whine about a team that has won f*ck all. I don't give two sh*ts if they are our interstate rivals and their owner is a loser to you and they flop just the same way the spurs flop.
    Let me know when the mavs finally win a championship, then i can spare some vitriol for them.

5. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Screw the Mavs, they suck big balls!

6. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You forgot something very important in that list. Even with all that "talent", they still have NO rings to show for it!!!

Apparently we're not the only team having a hard time of attaining anything of importance.

7. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

i hate them because they are an elite team.

8. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

It don't mean a thing if you aint got that RING! Boom Sha Lock Lock Boom! :D

Just like the Jac-Azz have no rings to show either, the basketball gods give no love to THUGS! :p

9. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Cave Man = Jerry Stackhouse

10. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Couldn't have said it better myself.

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Fixed.

I get it. You hate Dallas.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

i hate the mavs for seeing how cool the Rockets looked on their losing streak and decided to get in on the action :p

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I will give you more than 5. I posted this last year and all of it still applies.....

I cannot stand Devin Harris and his blatant flopping. Everyone can see it from a mile away except the only ones who can do something about it: Refs.

I cannot stand the overrated Dirk. Sometimes when he is choking, I start to feel sorry for him (just a teeny weeny bit)....but he soon sticks his tongue out after one decent play which makes my hate for him double. It's an exponential function so you can imagine where my hate for him stand rights now.

I cannot stand Cuban's hypocrisy. If his teams aren't getting the calls, refs are the second coming of Borgs. When the other teams aren't getting any calls, he suddenly disappears and hides in a hole.

I cannot stand Jason Terry and his punkness. He will land a cheap shot whenever he gets a chance.

I hate Howard because he is another punk. The guy can ball but his smugness just makes me despise him.

I despise Stack. Stackhouse went to a good school. But you couldn't tell as soon as he opens up his mouth in front of the camera. Little b**ch has been flopping too lately.

Greg Buckner's sole purpose is to hurt somebody out there. Yeah we get it Greg....you are a mean guy. Can we get back to basketball now?

I loathe Dampier. Dampier is always pissed off at something. He is pissed off about his team, Dirk, where he ranks as a center, his house, his wife, his mom, his peanut butter & jelly sandwich, the size of his underwear....

I hate Diop because ...well he just plain sucks.

I hate Avery because as soon as he opens up his mouth, all I see are teeth and I cannot concentrate on what he is trying to whine about.

I hate the Mavs ball boy/girls. I hate them because they sport the lousy Mavs logo on their T-shirt.

I hate mavs fan because for some reason they feel entitled to a ring. They act like they won the whole thing two years ago.

BUT MOSTLY..I hate the Mavs because they robbed the 05 Rockets from advancing to the next round. Cuban had to cheat to save face. And it came at my Rocket's expense.

The only thing/person I like associated with the Mavs is the Mavs fan below. Why?

Because he represents their franchise perfectly!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6cVPyzSJcCs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6cVPyzSJcCs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

14. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I had no idea Greg Buckner is on the Mavs. Where the hell have I been......

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

As I said, I was reposting it from last year when Greg was on the Mavs. I was about to remove this from my list after you mentioned it but then I remembered that Trenton Hassel will be picking up Buckner's role. So, just change Greg to Trenton and problem is fixed.

Speaking of changes and a new reason, Juwan Howard is now on the Mavs. Need I say more?

16. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

But you also said "all of it still applies"

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

True. I should have checked every point before saying that.

But as I said, change Greg to Trenton and the concept is still there to hate.

18. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I get it. You're a closet maverick fan with a huge man crush on dirk nowinski.

If you have a problem with the vitriol against the mavericks on this board, I suggest you go to the mavericks board and post with people who share your sentiments.

I don't know what you want the team to attain, but all that matters to me is that they play well and win championships. It sounds like you want them to play like the mavericks, but as I said, they haven't won ****. So I don't want them playing anything like like those ringless chumps.

When you come back with that "they've been a lot closer than the Rockets have" BS. Just remember "close" only counts in horse-shoes.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

redefined is that you? :eek:

20. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

No. Obviously you don't. I'm no "redefined." :D

I proudly wear my Rockets gear EVERYWHERE up here and I get dirty looks all the time.

I love it.

When idiots try and talk trash I just say "two trophies" and they get a blank stare and try to go NFL on me.

Nope. You don't get it.

Try living as a Rockets fan in "hostile" territory...

And to see people on "this" board act as though they are from a Mavs board and get all whiny... well, that is what my original post addressed.

Still does.

You don't get it.