1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 on 8 basketball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketOrg, May 26, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

not worth it breh. better we all team up and make their lives miserable through other means, like teh interwebs. spread some schitt.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know. Harden was on the bench to begin the 2nd quarter — I don’t think he was planning to only sit a minute, but the team was frazzled and gettinfg blitzed with him on the bench.

We unfortunately saw what happens with Joe Johnson on Curry.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

the rox should go out on a bang when the refs will the worriers to a game 7 win. send nene, black, and cheese to break curry, donkey, and kd's legs, bend them backwards. lerbon vs klay in the finals, comical.

what a bang for my very last nba game.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

can you give a link please?

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

When your threes stop falling, you’re supposed to go to the basket. If you get murdered at the basket, what do you do?

Doesn’t matter how many we scored in the first, it doesn’t make the calls good

6. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

Get real,NBA need game 7,so everyone expected we will lose this game.

Lawlruschang and RyanB like this.
  7. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Anyone who doesn't understand how huge the refs were in this game is gullible as fook

Point to your stats and scoreboard but this game had no business being close much less a blowout in their favor if it's called properly

I legit think I might be done with the league

D-rock, Red.Glare, Tfor3 and 8 others like this.
  8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

When I saw "5 on 8," I thought you were talking about the rotations. If Harden and EG get hurt, I'm pretty sure D'Antoni will try to play 4.

9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Crap of a shiiiit refing tonight. Too obvious. Take us of out momentum and crap. Fck this league

D-rock, Lawlruschang, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  10. jbasket

jbasket Member

That's a great plan if those players weren't ass & t*tties right now.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We're going to get Tony Brothers and Scott Foster for Game 7

Watch

12. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

That’s exactly right. Harden tried driving to the basket and Curry body checked him multiple times with no calls. Had that been Harden bumping Curry then he gets the call. The defenders hands were not straight up. They were extending knees and legs out to keep Harden from drive my with no calls. The charge in Harden was a joke. Hebstaryes shooting more jumpers since he knew he couldn’t get a call inside. Hell, Curry knocked the ball away in the 1st quarter and completely slapped Hardens hand to the phony where he almost injured Hardens hand. No call. Tucker got body slammed as did Ariza several times with no calls. Capella was getting shoved and held by Green almost every time he went to the basket for the ally oop.

The team didn’t score much cause they weee man handled. Eventually they wore out and gave up.

13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Yep. Golden State knew they could play tight at the 3 point line because the refs weren't calling anything on drives. Why worry about getting beat off the dribble if you can just hack and not get called for it. Completely changed the game for the Rockets.

D-rock, Lawlruschang, Tfor3 and 9 others like this.
  14. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

15. SemisolidSnake

Whether it had any bearing on the Rockets' loss or not, the officiating in this game was just such a bizarre thing to watch. It was like calls were being made by a random number generator out there. Possessions on both sides being stopped or not stopped for reasons I simply could not discern. Just because I was watching the game muted (the only way to watch national broadcasts of Rockets games) doesn't mean I should be completely bewildered by the calls being made.

---

The thing that's so insane about the NBA is that it can't even hide behind the sorry excuse that it simply does not do video replays of penalties/fouls. The NFL can at least say it sticks to that, even though I think that is also stupid. The NBA DOES do video review on fouls; it does it on potential flagrant fouls. And it does the review to examine INTENT. Intent is an incredibly ambiguous thing to try to figure out from watching a video clip with no other context. What would be much easier to figure out though is simply if a foul was or was not committed on a play.

Give teams two reviews they can use per game. And they can be used to question foul calls as well. Put that system in place, and a ton of officiating problems will just solve themselves. Obviously, that won't happen, but I'd sure love to see someone put that idea out there and watch the NBA scramble futilely for reasons why it's a bad idea.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is actually a good idea.

It would at least keep refs on their toes for flagrant BS calls that they make. It at least lets them know if they miss a call the coach can basically out them for being a failure and point out how much they have failed.

D-rock and RyanB like this.
  17. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Harden was crushed inside several times in the 3rd without consequence, called for a travel that was not a travel, and the momentum completely shifted while this was happening and GSW started hitting all their threes.

Houston was legit attacking without whistles, while the Warriors continue to get their soft calls on the other end.

It was maddening.

18. smp

smp Member

For those who forgot:

"In the letter submitted by Donaghy's attorney, the following "manipulation" is alleged:"

"Referees A, F and G were officiating a playoff series between Teams 5 and 6 in May of 2002. It was the sixth game of a seven-game series, and a Team 5 victory that night would have ended the series. However, Tim learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew referees A and F to be 'company men,' always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series. Referees A and F heavily favored Team 6. Personal fouls [resulting in obviously injured players] were ignored even when they occurred in full view of the referees. Conversely, the referees called made-up fouls on Team 5 in order to give additional free throw opportunities for Team 6. Their foul-calling also led to the ejection of two Team 5 players. The referees' favoring of Team 6 led to that team's victory that night, and Team 6 came back from behind to win that series."

• "Tim explained the league officials would tell referees that they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so would hurt ticket sales and television ratings," the letter adds. "As an example, Tim explained how there were times when a referee supervisor would tell referees that NBA Executive X did not want them to call technical fouls on star players or remove them from the game. In January 2000, Referee D went against these instructions and elected a star player in the first quarter of the game. Referee D later was privately reprimanded by the league for that ejection

• The letter also alleges that during a 2005 playoff series, "Team 3 lost the first two games in the series and Team 3's Owner complained to NBA officials. Team 3's Owner alleged that referees were letting a Team 4 player get away with illegal screens. NBA Executive Y told Referee Supervisor Z that the referees for that game were to enforce the screening rules strictly against that Team 4 player. Referee Supervisor Z informed the referees about his instructions. As an alternate referee for that game, Tim also received these instructions."

During the 2005 postseason, Mavs owner Mark Cuban did in fact complain after his team lost to the Houston Rockets in the first two games of their series, and Dallas went on to beat Houston in seven games. Jeff Van Gundy, then the coach of the Rockets, said that an NBA official had told him about the league's plan to closely monitor moving screens by Yao Ming, and Van Gundy was ultimately fined $100,000 for his comments regarding the situation. Van Gundy later backed off his comments.

D-rock, Lawlruschang, Tfor3 and 8 others like this.
  19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

It completely ripped the momentum 1-way...

D-rock likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I dunno, the league gonna have to choose on this one.

Either Brothers helps Lebron tomorrow or helps the Warriors.

I'm going with Lebron needs more help, with Boston being undefeated at home and the Cavs having no Love, they gonna need a lot more help than the Warriors. Brothers will be in Boston tomorrow.

Lawlruschang and Tfor3 like this.