1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

4th qtr collapse

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by laowan, Oct 9, 2008.

1. laowan

laowan Member

Our net points in the 4th qtr is '+0.1',the worst among last season's playoff teams,even worse than ind and gsw.By the way,the ot figure is '-1.0'.
    Detail info:http://82games.com/QSORT11.HTM

2. laowan

laowan Member

3. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

I want that figure to be at least +1.5 this season.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This year should be vastly different. Last year we were draining all of McGrady's energy early game. Now, with Yao and Artest, we can keep them all fresh heading 4th quarter.

5. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Luther ".127%" Head.

6. lengyinian

lengyinian Member

LZ 是不是中国人 晕 :p

7. Albert Einstain

I'm glad to see that we have made progress with our big three or even big four(with landry added), as we all see, we used to collapse in the third quarter last season, and we have managed to take off the collapse to the fourth quarter, isn't that cheerful? :D

8. Aemon

Aemon Contributing Member

It's interesting how for all teams listed top to bottom the difference in points scored in the 4th quarter does not go over 2.5. Statistically, it shows that games are usually decided in the 1st three quarters.

9. DPballer

DPballer Member

I wouldn't take too much stock in those numbers. We're going to have so many blowout games, thus irrelevant 4th quarters, it's not funny. The 4th quarter number may look even worse next year because we have our 3rd stringers in there more often. And Luther Head.

10. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Nah, we're not the Texans!!

11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Having Artest and Barry on board should significantly help 4th quarter scoring.

12. buddyboy

buddyboy Member

Ugh, don't even bring that up. That was the worst performance of closing out a game that I've ever seen.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i think its a bit deceptive remember on the winning streak the rockets were blowing teams out (tied the record for most 10+ points victories in a row ) so there wasnt a need to always have the main starters in the game at the end. so teams probably outscored the rockets during garbage minutes.

could be the same this year as long as the rockets have a +1 differential for the entire game i'll be fine

14. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Luther is rarely on court during the fourth. And OMG Boston... Unreal. :eek:

15. redao

redao Member

the 4th quarter collapse can be represented more accurately by the stats of our starters in the 4th.

during the collapses, starters must have played more.
    during either way blow outs, starters won't play much.

is there any similar stat for individual?

16. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I actually thought this was a Texans thread. LOL.

17. chonox

chonox Member

watching the preseason game against the spurs right now reminded of this thread, LOL

even though its pre season game only, its a scary trend...

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Dont worry about preseason!!! We'll be ok.

19. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

LOL I didn't need stats to tell me that. We choked away so many games last year when Tmac was hurt. We also are so good through 3 and just give up points in the 4th during blowouts because our bench wasn't good enough.

It's no big deal I don't think. Healthy TMac, Yao, Artest and I am sure that number will go up.