1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

45 pts, 12 rb, & 7 assists...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Nov 26, 2014.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

From 2 guys who barely crack the rotation under "normal" circumstances. I know it's been said before but I really think that, while "blessing in disguise" is probably going too far, the Rockets are certainly making the most of all of the injury woes in the early season.

At this point I don't know how you can keep Cannon out of the rotation. He really can be our bench spark the way that Lin was last year. And if D-Mo can keep his confidence up suddenly we have a solid frontcourt presence in the second unit as well. He still seems more suited to the power forward spot than the 5, but for 3 games now, D-Mo seems to have turned some kind of corner. It really seems like a confidence thing with him, so why not keep that pump primed?

I mean, could we just get a decent backup center with the trade exception and just roll with the current squad?

1 person likes this.
  2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

but garcia tho

3. DarkHorse

That's kind of my point. Less Terry, much less Garcia, and let these young guys develop.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think it's "a blessing in the skies".

#4 rockbox, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Enough cant be said about the experience they achieved via the D-League. Canaan is extremely confident in his jumper, and DMo has really improved with each game as he has gotten more PT. The Rockets show young players who get drafted that the D-League is a great opportunity to get to NBA speed and then once their # is called...they will be ready.

Right now because of injuries, DMo and Canaan has shown their readiness...which i truly believe was a result of years of hard work in the D-League/Summer

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The MORE impressive thing than the points is the defence being played by both Canaan and Motiejunas.

Canaan is becoming quite the little pest, showing a nice ability to stay in front of the ball handler, and sneak a hand onto the ball to generate steals.

Motie has been pretty solid defensively the last 2 seasons, he offers nothing in terms of shotblocking, but he is able to body up his man, and is better this year than last on D. Looking forward to having Howard, Jones, Motie as the main big man rotation, starting to think it might prove 'adequate'!

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

and let them hit shots, make plays and win games. Garcia not so much

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have to believe that one day Mchale realizes that it's legal to have both Beverley and Canaan in the rotation at the same time.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Hopefully that day will never be needed...ever...I wont even say it...but I know you know what I am talking about.

10. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

If McHale pulls Canaan again when Bev comes back it would just prove how incompetent he is.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, that's a much better measure than wins and losses.

2 people like this.
  12. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Terry should backup Harden. Not Garcia. Then Canaan can backup Bev. It's that simple.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Would still like to have a great big bear in the middle to play spot up minutes @ the 5.

14. bongman

bongman Member

Just like he pulled out Lin? 12-3 and people still b****ing. There is no winning this crowd.

15. basketballholic

In my opinion, Canaan right now is arguably the SECOND BEST SHOOTER at the PG position in the entire NBA. You know who is #1. You could make the case that Lillard is #2. (In my opinion, Canaan is a better shooter than Lillard.) But if you give Lillard #2...then who is #3?

16. DarkHorse

That seems like the obvious solution, but I'm sure it goes deeper than that. Defensively, for example, Terry can't really guard bigger/stronger guys.

Still, it smells more like a lack of trust in Cannon than anything else. Maybe it's like Clutch postulated in the podcast, and that he misses too many assignments, and the common fan can't spot stuff like that.

But it does seem hard to justify not playing him as productive as he's been when given minutes, especially since he seems like the only reliable offensive spark off the bench this season.

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

quality OP, in total agreement, concerned MChale nails Canaan to the bench once Bev comes back again thoug, and that's foolish

18. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

.......... what bro? It's not even fair Lillard Lowry CP3 and all players of the likes have way more on their plate then just scoring. If Canaan had to run the offense like those guys who knows what his shooting percentage would look like. I agree with you that he is a good shooter just wouldn't say he is the SECOND BEST SHOOTER AT PG IN THE ENTIRE NBA.

19. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

this is true

20. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Why even put those other aspects in the conversation... he didn't say he was the 2nd best PG in the NBA, that's a whole other argument.

His contention is that of those labelled "PG's" he feels (in HIS opinion) that Canaan is the 2nd best shooter (to Steph Curry).

That was all. One aspect of the position -- shooting. Period.

And he has a decent argument... at least from a Rockets fan point of view.