1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd seed watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LBJ-Tmac, Mar 3, 2013.

1. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

With LAC and MEM equal in the loss column now I think its important that we keep rooting for Memphis to get to third.

Obviously Rockets need to play better anyway to stand a chance in the playoffs but if we do string together some good play and get to the 6th seed.

Would be great if we can go against Memphis!

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Think we should be more worried about not falling to 9th than worrying about who finishes 3rd.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

MEM is likely a better matchup but a series with the local rival would be a lot of fun.

4. VBG

VBG Member

I would much rather play Memphis than the Clippers.

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

A playoff series full of flops and free throws?

Just say no to the Clippers.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Well let's hope Memphis get the 3rd seed

The Rockets' best case scenario is 6th seed, and we match up with Memphis the best.

Although, after the trade things might have changed, but I see more hope than going up against the Clippers, Thunder or Spurs.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

[rant]If Morey hadn't traded Pat Pat, Rockets would be 6th now (think Wizards and Bucks blown leads) and in good position to finish the season that way. D-Mo is promising, but like most rookies, he can't play NBA defense.[/rant]

Agree with you completely. If the Rockets get in, I'm happy with whoever they play.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Clippers don't scare me, I think we can take them. I really don't care who the Rockets face in the playoffs, bring in it on to whoever we face.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

we sure crushed Memphis back in December. if I remember correctly we had Morris in the staring lineup who performed well. there was no PPat. two more matchups with them in March in April will tell...

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Would rather face Memphis than the Clippers...because of two reasons...

1. We have no answer for their front court athleticism, and they have guards that can punish us in Billups, Paul and Crawford...

2. Memphis on the other hand would be a team the Rockets would do well against. Primarily b/c which ever team dictates their tempo wins the game...and I can see the Rockets tempo being more effective than the Grizzlies...

Bottom line, the Rocket just need to keep on focusing on one game at a time...we could easily be on the outside looking in...Go Rockets