1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[3rd person view] Lebron will be criticized if he joins the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BinBinRingRing, May 30, 2018.

1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

:D:D:D

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lebron pulling a KD would be if it was Cavs-Rockets in the finals, Rockets win the title, and then Lebron takes his talents to H-Town...give the Cavs a blown 3-1 lead in the series as well if u really want to make it a KD type move

KD gets zero respect for pulling off the weakest move I’ve ever seen...Lebron going to Houston this summer wouldn’t even compare

topfive likes this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JR Smith just earned LeBron a complete pass on joining the Rockets or any other loaded team next season.

4. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Nope, because KD did it first and warriors was a champion prior to signing KD. If we won't fault KD for this why should we n Lebron?

Besides Lebron left Cavs to heat in order to form his super team and won two rings. So why u upset that if he wants to come to us?

5. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Glad someone with a brain and pointed ty his out.

topfive likes this.
  6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Remember when the Bulls swept the Pistons and the Pistons walked off the court. I guarantee you CP3 and LBJ are talking right now about blowing them out in every game in a sweep next year to rub their nose in it so they know they will never win again. After the way LBJ finished the season, I think the Cavs will do a deal pretty fast if LBJ wants it. The owner wants to sell and needs to move past the drama quickly. He is going to gut the team so they may accept Ryno to get 3 1sts. I see them dumping KLove and having to eat Thompson, Smith, and Ryno for two years anyway. Hill is expiring. They have those other young assets in Nance, Clarkson, and Hood to begin the rebuild with the lotto pick. They get out of luxury and build assets.

topfive likes this.
  7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Gordon too (who can be flipped for further assets), for Korver back (should be able to get under the luxury easy enough with a Love trade then for assets), and probably ask for Zhou Qi too for marketing (sale) purposes.

luckyman76 likes this.
  8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

If he was the first guy to do this, then rightfully so. What KD changed everything. Lebron just doing this to make it a bit even.

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

The way GS has been Building this arrogant smug persona, and how pissed CP3 and LBJ must be with them, I wonder if that motivates them both enough to take significant cuts/sacrifice salary to join up and keep key players just to make sure they destroy GS and put them in check. It’d feel less competitive, but the desire to $*^+ on the warriors might be compelling enough.

luckyman76 likes this.
  10. alethios

alethios Member

Our series with GS was the tipping point. Bron has the best chance of sticking it to the Worriers if he joins the Rockets.

D-rock likes this.
  11. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Lebron will get criticized for anything he does. He could win 8 chips in a row and people would still complain about something.

D-rock likes this.
  12. BinBinRingRing

If his teamates continue to pull these kind of JR plays rest of the series no one will criticize him for going anywhere.

D-rock likes this.
  13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think that none of that really matters because I don't think they have to sacrifice and LBJ has pretty much already made his feelings clear. CP3 wouldn't talk to him if he wasn't an enthusiastic audience. I think the key to everything is the Ryno trade. I think Marley has a deal on ice with Sac but will have a chance to swing something with Cle. They may want the assets. If it takes 19, 21, and 23 you do it. Through whatever avenue I try to keep Gordon and Tucker. LBJ is going to take Gordon's shots, its just that simple. He slides right in. There is a way to trade Ryno with pieces but I don't see it happening that way. If there is an outside way that you could work with Cle and OKMe to clean up all of the problems and get LBJ and PG13 you do that but almost impossible with the parties involved. The pain of losing Gordon and Tucker is more than mitigated by those two. Ryno is going to exact a price but I see a couple of ways we can perform magic.

People say that we wouldn't like less competition but it would be basketball and rotations would stagger and we would win and enjoy it. For everyone that says they wouldn't enjoy it just imagine the anguish and disgust on the Warriors faces and their fans. It would almost feel better than the trophy and banner. If we did it several times in a row with a dynasty we would get so much joy out of seeing the media crumble. This is so long overdue. Narratives? You can't pick yours but we already know the media hates us. There is no scenario where we become the lovable Rockets except for maybe we get the draft off of LBJ. No one is ever going to love Harden or Moreyball except us. We can lose and be hated or be the Patriots. I would rather embrace the hate. Most people will love us for at least a little bit for destroying the Warriors. This period won't last forever, so if it can tolerate the Warriors for a few years, it can tolerate a Rockets dynasty. The NBA needs to be cleansed. I can think of nothing better. I left the IGAF about what other people think stage a long time ago. I also left the fairy tale world where life is fair around the same time and I am a lot happier.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron is always criticized
    People make money off talking about him
    Cause people like reading about LeBron

BigO likes this.
  15. BigO

BigO Member

This is so true anywhere he goes or even stays with Cavs will be talked and hated on. The only thing that matters is winning.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup
    The worst thing that happens is being irrelevant

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Why would he be criticized if he stays with the Cavs?

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he can't win

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ryno would only be 1.5 years of contract eating for the Cavs. At the trade deadline in 2020 they could dump him for something of value to a team that needs a huge expiring contract to clear up cap space in the summer. Or they could continue eating and clear up $20M of their own cap space in the summer.

Also, on a weak team like a rebuilding Cavs would be, Ryno is likely to revert back to 15 ppg and be a fan favorite. No pressure situation for him.

luckyman76 likes this.