1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[3rd person view] Lebron will be criticized if he joins the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BinBinRingRing, May 30, 2018.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

pales in comparison to b**** durant joinging a historic big 3

if he wants to avoid that and turn a decent team into a contender his options are nop, spurs, jazz, and philly.

philly and jazz are too young. nop and spurs are experienced and will have at least one other star player but at what cost.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Stop it. The Celtics big 3 were all 34-35 years old when LeBron went to Miami. You could tell they were on their last legs when they had just lost to the Lakers in game 7 of the Finals after a 50 win season and injuries starting to creep up. That's what i like about teaming up post prime. The window is very small and some(The Rockers with Chuck or Pip) can't even guarantee a championship. To think the Celtics in their mid 30s had anything to do with LeBron leaving Cleveland is a joke. KD said he was tired of losing and being #2 - clearly a shot at LeBron who KD probably felt he was supposed to go his whole career against toe-toe but then Bron went to Miami and KD was ****ed. He just wanted to win to remain on LeBrons level. Well, that's all it was for Lebron too. They both just wanted an easier way to win-LeBron at only 26 to chase GOAT and KD at 28 to show LeBron he's not #2 to him. Now KD has a chance to win his back to back and a window to surpass LeBron in ring counts while piling up his own stats and accolades. He might even go on to equal MJ's 6. The perfect spit in LeBron's face as far as KD's concerned.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

In other words, it's up to LeBron/Harden/CP3 to become vampire hunters and drive stakes in the hearts of the Warriors.

Only when they show their true colors by whining and wilting in the face of adversity will gullible new NBA fans know the truth.

D-rock and Andy Sheets like this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Exactly.

LeBron will hear noise no matter what he does. He will have to do what is best for him and his career. Rings are that.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What GOAT played most of their career for as shittily run a franchise as Cleveland? I didn't say they were all great franchises but at least they were competently run for god's sake. Look what happened when LeBron left. And watch what happens if he leaves again. It's a joke. Orlando had another all-star alongside Shaq. Don't know enough about Milwaukee to comment.

I just don't agree with any of this lol. What about LeBron's rings are cheap? He was Finals MVP each one. He should have won Finals MVP the one he lost. He won a Game 7 on the road against the greatest regular season team ever.

You think he doesn't deserve to be part of the GOAT discussion because he didn't win a title in Cleveland the first go around? Who was the 2nd best player on that team? That's his fault? None of your criticisms make any sense.

They both forced a trade while they were in their primes lol. Idk why you're using them as an example to bolster your point.

KD did what he did because he was weak. LBJ would have never left Cleveland if they were a competent franchise. OKC was a competent franchise and KD was in position to win a title, then left the next year to the team he choked against. CP3 wasn't in his prime when he left LA. Lumping all of these situations together just doesn't make sense at all. They're all different.

No one will call KD a GOAT, and no one believes he's the best in the league even besides the most staunch LBJ haters. LBJ is considered a GOAT because of his career body of work. He led both teams in every major statistical category in 2016 finals. Look at his last few playoff runs and look at his teammates. His third best player is Kyle Korver at 37 years old lol. Cleveland was never winning a title LBJ's first go-around, despite how great he was. They fell ass backward into Kyrie the year after he left as the #1 pick. They picked Anthony freaking Bennett for crying out loud lmao. I just don't see how you can criticize the guy for leaving Cleveland. Now, if you want to criticize The Decision, then fine, that's fair game. That was distasteful.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

LeBron was 26 years old. At 26 MJ had Pip just starting to develop, and Grant too. Pippen wasn't some superstar from the get go. There's this whole panic to win so young. You don't have to. LeBron staying means he probably gets a 2010 FA to join him like Bosh or Amare(without hindsight). Their moves to trade draft picks for old vets and hand out bloated contracts to old vets were not just on the front office, but probably LeBron too in a panic effort to try and win ASAP instead of letting young drafted players develop next to him like MJ had with Grant and Pippen by his 6-7th NBA season. People act like LeBron is the only superstar ever to have had to deal with playing with lesser teammates and on top of it he gets to do it against nobodies in the East for a decade and a half.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

KD is 29. At 29 LeBron and KD have virtually the same career averages except for assists which KD has been upping his past 5 seasons to around 5. He'd still be a bit behind in pts, and rebounds totals because of his broken foot season, and missing more games, but they're not that far off at the same career pace for stats and KD on pace to surpass in ring count.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

In this age of twitter and facebook and blogs and 24 hour news, anyone who does anything will be criticized. So what?

D-rock likes this.
  9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The only thing that could redeem Durant in my eyes is if he went back to OKC and helped them win a championship, especially if it was their first. I was mad at LeBron when he left Cleveland to go to Miami but when he came back and helped them win their first championship, I thought it was cool. So to answer the op's original question:

LeBron's situation is different than Durant's for several reasons:
    1) LeBron has already won a championship unlike Durant when he left OKC
    2) He has beaten the team that has beaten him the last couple of years for the title
    3) LeBron is not some pseudo tough p*ssy like Durant who can't even bench 185 lbs 1 time (thanks ROTXIA for setting me straight)

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's a great player not saying he isn't. But because he went to GS after losing to them is a stain on his legacy, much more so than LeBron going to Miami. And LeBron rectified that by going BACK to Cleveland and winning a ring. He will almost certainly surpass LBJ in ring count if he stays in GS but he will not surpass him on most people's all time lists.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry for the double response but didn't see this. Keep in mind that LBJ came into the league at 18, so he'd been playing 8 years already. They didn't have a prospect anywhere close to Pippen when he left. They had Mo Williams and were the worst team in the league without LBJ. The record after he left speaks for itself. He played with scrub teammates until he took his career into his own hands and left. He never had a Westbrook like KD. Or a Shaq like Kobe. Etc. etc.

13. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

After what KD did, kind of forcing Lebron hands.

14. BigO

BigO Member

Dude, we know you love MJ and hate Lebron, you bash him every single time and turn it MJ>Lebron topic regardless if there is a sniff of that comparison in given topic or not, just digusting, off to ignore.

15. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

pre-durant warriors had a championship and then followed that up with 73 wins. lay off the drugs.

vlaurelio likes this.
  16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lebron doesn't care about jokers criticizing him. Lol as long as he has a chance to unseat the pink ash Warriors. He will have no problem joining our Houston Rockets

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Durant isn't criticized for forming a super team.

Durant is criticized for

a) joining a 73 win super team...
    b) that had already won a championship without him...
    c) and beat his sorry ass in a playoff series right before he joined them..
    d) after he choked against them.

It literally screamed, " Waaaaaahhhhh, I am too much of a mental midget to try to beat you again, so I might as well join you to get a ring, which means I also don't have to face another situation where I will be exposed as a choker."

Kevin Durant ran away from pressure.

Lebron coming to Houston does not carry the stigma or any of the a to d points I made above.

But more importantly, he would come here to take the challenge to beat the defending champions.

NOW, IF Rockets had won this year AND Lebron decided to come to the Rockets, then yes it would look bad on him, but still nowhere as bad as what Durant pulled off.

Kevin Durant pulled of one of the pussiest move you are ever going to see by a top level player.

He suffers from complex and is a coward. And his fake tough guy character is just that, a character which is very transparent for everyone to see.

D-rock, MGC, mockster and 6 others like this.
  18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

To add to Zboy's excellent breakdown on Cupcake, if he had left OKC (because he felt he couldn't play with Westbrook anymore, even though it was far and away his own choking play that coughed up the 3-1 lead to GS) and gone to say Washington, Philly, or heck maybe even Boston, the move would be understood and 'approved' by most NBA fans.

But no, he jumped ship to join the 73-win recent championship team with the current back to back MVP he choked to in the playoffs to avoid all adversity and pressure of 'being the man.'

MGC, Nelly and Zboy like this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

It's a discussion about LeBron being criticized if he joined the Rockets. It will naturally bring up legacy talk. I love how i hate LeBron even though i have him #2 all time. So i have to blindly say he's GOAT to not be a hater.

20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We won the championship in Game 7 on Monday. We proved what we needed to prove with the ref 22 pt swing. Now it is time to lay waste to the NBA with the moves this offseason. Leave it a desolate wasteland that has to enact rules after our 5 year reign of terror and 6 consecutive championships. The betrayal needs to lead to cataclysmic consequences, meaning our dynasty. Let us be hated, we already are. Let them fear us and the dynasty will live forever. I will enjoy every minute of it.

bulkatron likes this.