1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd Attempt: GOP/Trump Repeal & Replace ACA and Trump lie about pre-exist coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's exactly what it is. You can call it "redistribution of wealth" if you like, but it's giving some people stuff and forcing other people to pay for it. For a select few, it'll be awesome, for everyone else, it'll be awful....pretty much how most liberal policies go.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

TWENTY MILLION PEOPLE. That's not really what I would call a "select few". That is ALOT of people that would have still went to the hospital If they got sick, not paid their bills, and then us the Taxpayers end up paying for it in the end.

There is no such thing as free money. This is a right wing mentality (of a "Nanny State") that paints a world in which you can just blame "LIBERALS" for all the worlds problems.

Would you... BobbytheGreat... rather those twenty million people go the hospital for their healthcare & not pay their bills, or would you rather have them on a plan partly paid for by the richest 1% of Americans? Unless you are in the 1%. Are you?

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. NewRoxFan

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That suggests that those are the only two options when that's not the case. Anyway, I've already said my piece on this, I fully support completely socializing healthcare like those on the left want because I think that's exactly what the people of the US deserve to have happen to them.

8. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Oh look....Pocahontas sighting, Chief Iron Eyes Cody is weeping " Keep America beautiful ".

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Yea everyone having healthcare deserves to have that happen to them. So cruel to care about the wellbeing of others!

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh it won't be in their best interest because the quality of healthcare will suffer, but that won't happen for several years so it'll seem like a great idea at the time. It'll be incredibly expensive and not as good as what people can get now, but like I said, that's what people deserve.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is just a fundamental fact about Healthcare in the US. SOMEONE has to pay for it, or at least HELP pay for it. Unless we stop allowing people to go to the ER without insurance, and leave them outside to die.

I am a capitalist in almost every way but I just don't see how this country moves forward anymore with STABILITY (meaning Dem president... repeal and replace... Rep President.. repeal and replace, etc.) without saying Healthcare is now like access to our police, firefighters, public schools etc. we are at a time where I just don't see another option than public healthcare unfortunately.

I'd bet 100 bucks right now that whoever runs in 2020 will almost certainly be running on a public option/single payer plan, and if Trumpcare is really as bad as its being scored now its going to be an easy win. I wish we lived in a world now where a capitalist healthcare system worked, but its just not reality in the US anymore.

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh for sure, I'd bet on that too. Running on a "free stuff" platform is always popular. Like I said, I'm embracing the reality that healthcare in America is going to be socialized and the quality is going to suffer.

In some ways I'd even fully support a government run healthcare system even knowing that it will be vastly inferior to the quality of healthcare available today if there were any chance that people planned on cutting enough spending to pay for it....but I know there's absolutely no chance that'll happen.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL seriously? You'd just be handing Trump yet another election if you did that. For the sake of the country, I hope Democrats can do better than that.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I won't be voting for her, that's for sure.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He'll be lucky if he can make to 2018.

BTW thank you GOP for the t-ball you just set up for the midterms.

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

They're fine with having less healthcare as long as poor blacks and poor minorities don't receive free healthcare. That really drives them crazy and they can't stand it.. More so, than not having their own healthcare. So yes, they are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

19. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Chief Iron Eyes Cody says hi. The chief said Pocahontas is fake and he's gonna make her weep!

20. NewRoxFan

republicans defunded Planned Parenthood, and 390,000 low income women will lose access to birth control access and prenventive healthcare.

House Votes To Defund Planned Parenthood
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/health-care-bill-planned-parenthood_us_590b3605e4b05c397686eea7