1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd All-Star Returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 3, 2013.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Nah i don't think the coach would pick Lin to be a reserve given the Western Conference depth in guards. I also don't think he would get more votes than CP3. Didn't gain much ground compared to the 2nd vote returns.

Sure hope Lin somehow gets voted in though.

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

looking at this made me look at something else

Lin verses Rondo

Lin is averaging:
    PPG 12.0
    RPG 3.9
    APG 6.4
    SPG 1.8
    BPG 0.5
    FG% 0.432
    FT% 0.829
    3P% 0.272
    MPG 33.0

Rondo is averaging:
    PPG 13.0
    RPG 5.0
    APG 11.6
    SPG 1.9
    BPG 0.3
    FG% 0.492
    FT% 0.647
    3P% 0.273
    MPG 37.8

So your talking about 1 ppg, 1 rpg, virtually same steals, same 3p %...in more minutes played.

where rondo beats lin is FG% and Assits. Lin of course has a much better midrange game and way better FT% kind of tells us that.

But my thought is if you take rondo and lin have the swap teams how different would this look...id say lins FG% would go up and his assists would too... since celtics let the offense run through their PG...

Rockets move the ball as a team more so that spreads out the assits and Harden takes a lot of the ball handling away from lin also lowering the assits and also taking away several easy drives (from broken defense) that could bolster his FG% and increase his points.

This has nothing to do with the all star just that I see lin having similar statistics but I think his FG, assits, amd 3p% will all go up substantially. Maybe at the end of the year the all star thing wouldnt be such a joke?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm perfectly fine with Lin getting in instead of Westbrook based on how Blake Griffin will get in ahead of David Lee who is the BEST PF in the West right now

4. Grigori

Grigori Member

I explained exactly what you meant and why what you meant was based on faulty logic. It also wasn't meant to troll hardcore religious nuts here into a debate/discussion because I wasn't aware that there actually were hardcore religious nuts here (but I would be happy to amend that assumption if you kept up the backseat moderation).

;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled trolling of LOFs...

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Full list updated.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Rubio ahead of Stephen Curry is a joke.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Bynum ahead of Brook Lopez is probably the worst. Bynum has played zero games & brook is having a career year.

8. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Wow, so if we were doing it like past years where there was a catagory just for centers Asik would be second in voting. Good for him.

9. Simone78

Simone78 Member

I really thought Lin could have topped CP3 votes but looks like it will not happen...

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Shane Battier has more votes than Parsons/Steph Curry, lulz.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Asik should be first in that category. Dwight is so bad right now.

13. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Problem with that is that Griffin has already had two bonafide all star seasons and his numbers numbers wouldn't be laughable to be voted in an all star game.

Lin's pedestrian 12 and 6...well that's a different story.

Trust me, it would be best for Lin NOT to make the all star game, right now he is adored and loved by the league. Making the all star team will make the rest of the league turn on him like the NFL with Tim Tebow.

The rest of the players on the all star team will look out for Westbrook and send a message to Lin by trapping him and playing full court pressure in an all star game lol.

Lin has been playing very well as of late and we don't want his confidence to be completely shattered.

14. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

LOL I know you're just joking...but a bad Dwight Howard is still giving you 17 and 12 and 2.6 blocks a game while having to share the paint with Pau Gasol.

15. Arthurprescott2

Their per 36 numbers are nearly identical while Griffin has a greater PER. Griffin averages 31 minutes, Lee averages 37 - thus the discrepancies w/ numbers.

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I'm actually quite disappointed that Jeremy Lin isn't even top 2 in the all star voting so far. Why?

- Its the All Star game and it also happens to be in Houston this year
    - China/Taiwan automatic votes
    - Heck, its Jeremy "Linsanity" Lin!

I'm so pissed right now and i'm not even Chinese. All you Rockets fans saying he shouldn't be on the all star team just because there are other more deserving players who should be on team should lighten up a bit or just shut up for once please. Like you've never cheated on anything your entire life. Like you would take the same stance even if it was your brother or your kid trying to get votes. Would you tell people to stop voting for Jeremy Lin and say that he doesn't deserve to be an all-star if he was your brother or your son? Think about it. Point is, we're not voting on who becomes the next president of our country. It's just the damn all star weekend for basketball.

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

yeah, making all star game will shatter Lin...:rolleyes:

18. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Read again, making the team isn't what's going to kill his confidence, it's the ramifications that will come with beating out more deserving players.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

well there it is in plain numbers. Jeremy Lin is the third best guard in the conference.

20. moose

moose Member

smh... How is David Lee not even on the list.