1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd All-Star Returns In

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, Jan 1, 2009.

1. DreamRoxCoogFan

hmm this sounds familiar.... a 3/5s compromise? O right, that was for slaves. yeah no.

As for me- Tmac sure as hell shouldn't be there, alston shouldnt be on the ballot, and ron is more deserving than tmac at this point, if anything. I hated that Yao made it his rookie year (he didn't deserve to be in there until a few season later), and that Yi is at that point as well, but its just the nature of the beast.

2. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Garnett clinging to his lead over Yi. McGrady having the second most votes in west guards ... Chris Paul would have been a better choice. And poor Joe Johnson is so underrated ... how did Gilbert Arenas get more votes than him? And who is still voting for Allen Iverson?

I think the fans need a break from voting. Maybe the NBA should take the privilege away for one year.

3. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Very true. All-Star game is such a joke. I'm a T-Mac fan and supporter, but if he puts on a uniform for the game I think I'll puke.

4. jebustheomlet

jebustheomlet Member

you're comparing that suggestion to the 3/5ths compromise? jesus christ...

5. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

democracy is not for china...sad...

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Why would they start now. Yao the rookie started in front of Shaq in 04. AC Green started in front of Mailman. Its the fans wish. I wish they would do 1/3 for coach, players, and fans.

7. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I would rather see Rafer in there than anyone else. Dude would put on a show.

8. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

This is a business ,All star games are about the fans who make the NBA exist and thrive as a Business. Therefore is the fans say Tracy is their starter then so be it.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

all star games are off popularity.... stop complaining about them not being as good. Yes, Tmac is more popular than Chris Paul, boo hoo.

10. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Why? Just because they are not Americans so their votes are inferior?

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Great, what has it got to do with All-Star voting?

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Its that simple, but some people here seemed to have trouble accepting it.

13. DreamRoxCoogFan

the point im trying to make is that a lot of people just get annoyed with "the Chinese." (I am included in that group sometimes). But you cannot just discount other people's votes just because there are more of them, and they are voting in a certain way. Stern has been busting his a$$ for the past 20 years making this sport a "global" product, and if 500 million people vote Jason Hart into the starting lineup, then so be it. Its the way the system is set up, and the NBA wants the world to watch. We can't just discount peoples votes because they aren't from here, thats just not fair. Either the starting lineup should be chosen by the coaches (which it SHOULD) or we continue with what we are doing. Its not a great system, but its working.

and again, I personally am not thrilled to see undeserving players leading in the balloting, but counting half votes because you are sitting in a country that doesn't have an NBA team is unfair. if thats the case, then we might as well do the same for rhode island, maine, washingon, kentucky, and all the states that aren't affected by the NBA directly. Im just sayin.

Now if you'll excuse me, im going to continue to fill out ballots for Starbury...

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

TSlack and Airballston are riding Yao's Asian coattails. The NBA really needs to fix their voting system!

15. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

the power of chinese voters..

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

How is it that Yao is not the leading vote-getter if the chinese votes are getting Rafer, Scola, and Artest so high on the list? Dwight Howard has Yao beat by quite a bit.

I can't figure out what's more of a shame though...

Mcgrady over Chris Paul
    Rafer with more votes than Brandon Roy

It's sad when even we know that our players aren't deserving.

17. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

forget T-Mac
    Yi almost beat T-Mac in vote

18. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

I hope Joe Johnson and Danny Granger get selected. Johnson is arguably one of the top 3 guards in the East. And Granger has really picked up his game.

Also, why is Samuel Dalembert second among East Centers? He's averaging 6/8. Those are like, Joel Pryzbilla numbers.

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think the league always understood that with fan voting you would see guys like AI and Vince Carter start since they are entertaining fan favorites but i don't think they ever expected to see so many players be in the mix just because they're Chinese or play on the same team as Yao. After all, this game means absolutely nothing and neither does being selected for the team, it's just about watching fun basketball.

You know, even if i'm a fan of all these rockets what can they contribute to the all-star game. Oh yeah, that Yao, Duncan, gimpy Ron, gimpy Tracy, Kobe lineup is gonna be a real crowd pleaser. Really...exciting basketball.

20. FFz

FFz Member

ron ron needs our votes! VOTE FOR CHANGE! VOTE FOR RON ARTEST!