1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

30,000 Points for Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Damion Laverne, Dec 5, 2012.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Props to Kobe. I hope he can play for at least another 3 years at a high level. No matter what you feel about the man, the fact that he has played 17 years in this league and still has that burning fire is something to be appreciated.

2. Raven

Raven Member

He's a great player, but he'll never crack the top three.

And neither will LaDiva

:)

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The same amount Hakeem got without Horry on the team. Everyone needs help but no secondary option is "just as important" as the primary option. Your statement is false and there is nothing you can show to support that Kobe or any other Laker was just as important as Shaq for those 3 titles.

And if you want to dialouge with me in the future don't call me an idiot or any other names. It's not necessary and I'm not the type of poster to trade insults over message board opinions.

4. Icehouse

My argument is flawed yet you are saying 1B is just as important as 1A, when you note that are 1A and 1B. Funny. You do realize B comes after A, right? You do realize there is only one primary, right?

5. FadeAway_Dreams

And I suppose if he stated that Shaq was the primary in the first half and Kobe the primary in the second half Shaq would still be on top because time is linear and the first half did indeed come first? Does either argument have a real point at this juncture? A couple of greats played together and won championships. You can't PROVE that Shaq or Kobe would have won on those particular Laker teams without the other because it didn't happen and becomes pure speculation.

6. Icehouse

The point is Shaq was the primary player on those teams and Kobe wasn't, and you can't point to anything to refute that. I don't know what's so complex about properly noting who the primary player on the team was. Kobe has enough great accomplishments without folks having to invent others. During the 3-peat he was not the best player on the team or the team's primary option in either year. That's as factual as factual can get.

7. lalala902102001

I, for one, would like to see Kobe play long enough to challenge Kareem's all-time record. No matter what you think about Bryant as a person and a player, you can not deny that he is one of the greatest ever. We will miss him when he's gone.