1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 Points Trailer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Jul 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I don't buy this crap. this is all publicity, tax shelter, attract sponsorship, ads, i'm getting goosebumps by watching this. yikes!

2. Miguel09

Miguel09 Member

thank you finnaly someone with logic.

3. Miguel09

Miguel09 Member

Ha many people do what T-mac did and with Obama taxing everyone this is an ovious desparate try by T-mac to pay less taxes. And as a player the rockets best days were with T-mac gone the guy is a cancer and a second round Virgin

4. amaggie05

amaggie05 Member

I can't really tell if you are just being sarcastic or not...

5. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

I'm hesitant to even attempt to address the idiocy of this statement, as most likely it's the equivalent of urinating into a headwind.

First of all, are you even a taxpayer? I suspect, no, since you do not seem to understand anything about paying taxes. Would you consider posting an honorary photo of a taxpayer on your mantle to honor someone who allows you to freeload off the rest of us?

FYI, charitable deductions are limited to 50% of your income, in most cases, and in others it's even lower at 30%. Also, the tax rates are graduated based on the dollar range they are in. For example, everyone pays 10% on the first $16,700 and for those with incomes of $372,950 and above, the money above $372,950 is taxed at 35%. Tracy's salary puts him well above this range, and do to the limits on charitable contributions, there's no tax rate advantage gained by making donations to help those in Darfur.

The only thing Tracy accomplishes is to decide whom he'd like to help. He simply doesn't pay taxes on that portion, but he doesn't keep any money. You seem to take this very personally, perhaps it's because you see charitable donations as a threat to your freeloading lifestyle. My advice is to try to first pay some taxes before you criticize others' approaches to same.

I support anyone who's trying to help those less fortunate than himself, and think Tracy and others should be commended for their charitable deeds and gifts.

6. Miguel09

Miguel09 Member

Hes right Americans should be focused more on our own wars. Thats y i keep losing these damm easy wars, because Americans have their minds on other things and have become less patriotic. We won WW2 because everyone was supporting and constantly volentering. So before u blame Bush and Obama, blame yourself first.

7. hangwak

hangwak Member

Yeah, because you know EVERYTHING about Tracy and everything he does is fueled by evil motives.
    Seriously, gtfo, if this were your favorite player you'd be all over his nuts

8. Miguel09

Miguel09 Member

Ha idiot before u make statement make sure u state facts I have never Receive money from the goverment for anything except College so i dont know how that makes me a Freeloader so just stfu unless u have facts. I got facts that every team Mcgrady leaves gets better and hes a second round virgin

9. Miguel09

Miguel09 Member

my favorite player dosent quit cause of a injury doctors say dosent even exist and my favorite player makes it to the second round.

10. amaggie05

amaggie05 Member

so, ww2 vs iraq ??? hmmm, tricky...

11. hangwak

hangwak Member

...how is that relevant to this? are you sure you went to college? or was it like devry university or something..

12. onreego

onreego Member

hamza, dont even bother.

I was terribly disappointed with McGrady this past season on the court, but what he is doing off court is extremely honorable. I created the McGrady appreciation thread trying to commend him for his contributions to Darfur and now I just hate that thread because of all the idiotic posts that people responded with. What can I say, people just love to hate.

13. Miguel09

Miguel09 Member

I still havent started my first Semester I just left High School

14. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Since you didn't answer the question on whether you have ever paid taxes, I'm assuming that's a no. I stand behind the freeloader statement, since you say that you've received grants for education that are obviously going to waste.

"I got"? Punctuation: ever hear of that?

It appears to me that you're barely literate, so why should anyone listen to your uninformed opinion? Before making statements on subjects that you're obviously ignorant of, you may want to think how foolish it could make you look. Despite your outward bravado, it seems like you have quite a low opinion of yourself and may want to seek other government programs such as mental health assistance.

I seem to recall Orlando winning the lottery after McGrady left, so I'm not sure how they got better. With the injury to Francis, they were essentially robbed in that trade and it took 5 years to recover. It's also quite debatable whether this year's Orlando team could have beaten the Rockets in 7 games if McGrady were healthy. So, your addition by subtraction argument doesn't hold either.

15. hangwak

hangwak Member

So, Devry eh

16. Miguel09

Miguel09 Member

no comment :)

17. Miguel09

Miguel09 Member

hum let me see NBA finals or losing in the first round ill take he Finals. But I will say you are Quite knowledgeable.

18. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Did they teach you punctuation in high school (or elementary)? They like that sort of stuff in college, proper grammar and the like. Mindless banter sans punctuation is really frowned upon...you should look into that.

19. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Except the Iraq war is political and is about money. So this war is covered less by the media. Does that make it a "fake" war?

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

::cough, cough:: Without getting too political in the GARM. TMAC did this when Bush was president and about a year before Obama even became the Democratic nominee.