1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 of the Fab Five in houston???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MykTek, Jan 12, 2007.

1. MykTek

MykTek Member

now that webber is a free agent and with the rumor of jalen rose being bought out also....could 3 parts of the fab 5 join houston....u know Howard ain'tgoing no where....

2. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Jalen Rose was bought out in October or November and signed by the Suns. Are you saying he's going to be bought out again? If he was cut by the Suns to (I don't think that's what you mean though) then I would think he would be very damaged goods.

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This would be amusing for NBA2k7. It would be pretty crummy in the real world.

Evan

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you seriously start a new thread on this, when there are already threads all about this stuff on the front page?

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yes, I heard he will be bought out soon as well.

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Maybe a stupid question. But who were on the fab five? more nba players?(i know the stoy of the time out of webber, i just do not know who were on that team)

7. fbagulbagul

fbagulbagul Member

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

webber is going to the pistons

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope we stay with the Fab 1. I don't like Webber, and I don't like Rose.

10. echu888

echu888 Member

I agree. Interesting to think about, but a terrible, terrible idea.

11. jdrock

jdrock Member

Why in the world would you want Jalen Rose and Webber on this team???

If Rose's contract is bought out by the Suns, that means he's basically been fired by two teams.. in what, one year? Would you hire someone with that kind of job history?

I would hate to have Webber here.. he doesn't come through when you need him, and he breaks down a lot. He would get owned by the big men in the West. Mutombo would probably accidentally shatter his glassy body in practice.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Jimmy King and Ray Jackson would be the other two: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fab_Five

13. Highwire

Highwire Member

They're a good fit for the Comets!

14. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Look's like Jimmy King is doing fine in the life after the NBA

15. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Per jdrock:

"If Rose's contract is bought out by the Suns, that means he's basically been fired by two teams.. in what, one year? Would you hire someone with that kind of job history?

I would hate to have Webber here.. he doesn't come through when you need him, and he breaks down a lot. He would get owned by the big men in the West. Mutombo would probably accidentally shatter his glassy body in practice."

Webber is damaged goods- cannot move. Mentally he is a choker. I would rather have that murderer-Jayson Williams on this team for the vet minimum-strong rebounder-and could loan Les Money for new players....

16. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

jdrock-

I had a thought about Mutombo shattering Webber's glass body. Do you remember the advertisement-commercial for memorex cassette tape- a famous jazz singer (Ella Fitzgerald maybe?) was demonstrating shattering a glass with her voice. I wonder what Deek's voice would do?

17. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

If we can get Rose and Webber, then get Jimmy King to be the financial planner for our players, we will have four of the Fab 5.