1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#3 for Pace? Would you do it?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gr8-1, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

The key issue IMO for Boston is his physical health. What can't be questioned is when healthy his impact on the pro football field. This hasn't been shown true for Andre Johnson just yet, and the one time he did play a pro-caliber corner 1 on 1 he didn't exactly dominate him--as I said before. And I also think McGeehee was much more impressive against the same OSU defense until his injury, even though he wasn't piling up the yards--further the OSU defense was set up to slow McGeehee, not Johnson, and late in the game McGeehee was starting to have an impact despite OSU aiming to stop him--which shows you who they thought was more important.

I am not that concerned about off the field stuff with Boston. If he is healthy, by all means go for him. Heck, nobody accussed Micheal Irvin of being clean, yet you sure want him on your team because he plays extremely hard every down and does all he can to help his team win on Sunday. The only other NFL WR with Boston's gifts is Randy Moss, who some might say doesn't do everything he can on Sunday to help his team--which doesn't hold true for Boston from what I understand.

I am just saying if Boston's physical health checks out I think the Texans should offer a salary at or slightly above the franchise WR level for the 24 year old Boston and then take the best non-WR with the #4(?) pick or trade down for multiple picks. I would rather not spend a top 5 pick on a WR unless I knew I was dealing with the next Jerry Rice or Sterling Sharpe or James Lofton--the only guy I am "that confident" of based on what I have seen them do on the field is Rogers.