1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[3-19-2015] Terrence Jones Injury Updates (UPDATE: Partially collapsed lung)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SK34, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I will take more Kpap plus Dmo - which us could be killed on the board rather than any minutes of Dorsey.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

TJ can't catch a break. Every time he's starting to play well he gets hurt. Hopefully it's nothing and he'll be healthy for the playoffs.

3. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I think Pumpernickel definitely belongs in the association. Announcers and opposing coaches, as well as our coaching staff and players, all had great things to say about him at the beginning of the season. He definitely belongs -- he just doesn't deserve minutes over Brewer, Smith or Jones.

I hope he stick around in the NBA, even if it is not for the Rockets, because he is a very solid player and fun to watch.

If the Rockets let him go I think a smart team like the Spurs or Hawks will not hesitate a moment to snap him up, at which point he will proceed to torment us all for the next decade. That guy has Shane Battier all stars written all over him.

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

So whats the diganosis? It shouldve been reported by now

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

1. Do you see any teams in the NBA will want to pay him 5 mil next year in their roster (assuming no stranger cap reason but just purely base on his on court performance)? NO.

2. Assuming he will get a minimum deal like 2 years, as you said, he will be probably sitting at the end of the bench and hoping for some backup minutes unless he will be playing in a bad team, why should he not consider to go bac to Europe?

6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm over here coming to hope my boy TJ is okay. :(:(

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm calling for a moratorium on the Dorsey trashing. He was awful to start the year, but he has turned into exactly what the Rockets wanted from him. He has provided great effort rebounding, and excellent position defense.

God knows I don't want him having big playoff minutes, but he has done a perfectly adequate job whenever his number has been called. When you go this far into the depth chart you can only expect so much.

1 person likes this.
  8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Kostas Papanikolau time?

9. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I was thinking that, too, by where he got hit. Doesn't take that much to bruise a kidney.

11. Coob5

Coob5 Member

Hopefully there aren't any nerves that he can bruise in his ribs. It took forever to get him back last time.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

faried = uncoordinated scrub

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The players the Rox let go in the last 10 months :

- Ish, played at the Thunder & NOP (end of bench) and now the 76ers (started).

- Jeff Adrian - T-wolves, China.

- Troy Daniel - Twolves, Charlotte, end of the bench and seems the end of the road for his NBA career.

- Tarik Black - Lakers, spent lots of time in D league and got many DNPCD, just recently got more time to play and the Lakers are doing their best to tank.

- Canaan - lost his job to Ish in the 76ers.

- Bob Covington - the wonder boy also lost his starting job in the 76ers recently.

There are many threads in CF expressed the same view like yours regarding most of these players and so far NONE of them had been transformed to be the next superstar in this league yet.

14. HamJam

5 Million per year -- probably not. Maybe 3 or 3.5 though. I have a hard time predicting how much a player will get paid (like, who saw Ben Gordon getting that contract from the Magic -- that was crazy. I thought he was a veteran min guy at this point). I know he won't be making what the Rockets are currently giving him, but I think they inflated his year 1 contract to help him with his buyout and to get him over here.

I never said he would get a minimum deal by the way, and I think teams would be looking for him as a rotation guy, not an end of the bench guy.

15. HamJam

I didn't say he was a superstar, I said "Shane Battier allstar" as in, just like Shane Battier, he would have no stats or acclaim, but would have a big impact on the court that smart teams would appreciate.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You are giving him too much credit he does not deserved.

He is a big body and of course there are some basic function does come with that.

But he is an absolute disaster on offense, not only he does not have any offensive skills but anytime if the ball touches him, bad thing is gonna happen, he just not a good decision maker.

On defense, he makes more dumb fouls than anyone else.

He is just not a NBA level player.

17. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

please, if Tjones misses some time, bring back kpap, no more dorsey, this guy is not an nba level player, stop playing him, makes me so mad watching him make any offensive move, and fouling every time on defense....

18. Houston79Astro

If he was making the minimum I would be ecstatic with Dorsey. Everyone says he doesn't do anything offensively, but he does go for the offensive rebound and he sets some really good picks. His defense is average, but all around I like that he knows his game. He is the 5th big on our team and I'm not going to judge harshly. Dude could school every single one of us in a game. Still wish we kept Black, but "politics".

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would love that. He can play, but he needs to make major gains as a shooter in order to become a regular rotation player.

I wonder if he is getting close to a return.

20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a52tCkF-gG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rolleyes::rolleyes: