1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[3-19-2015] Terrence Jones Injury Updates (UPDATE: Partially collapsed lung)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SK34, Mar 19, 2015.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Don't remind me. Too close to the playoffs and he was playing great, I kept picturing him and Dwight locking down the paint together.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Thanks, Obama.

1 person likes this.
  3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Would seem like from the collision and how he held up afterwards that a broken rib puncturing something is probably unlikely. I have had both badly bruised ribs and two broken ones. Was playing summer league ball with a padded vest a few weeks later. It hurt like hell but it was manageable. As mentioned earlier, it hurts to breath but it's not particularly restrictive - just painful causing lots of tentative movement. For a big, I could see it impacting his rebounding and athleticism in the short term -maybe slowing him down 10-15% by playoff time assuming it's just a fracture. A bad bruise heels quicker although it can feel like a broken rib in the short term....at least those are my experiences.

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

the thing i'm curious about was that he was still playing 1 or 2 possessions and running, which leads me to believe it's not a punctured lung...

just when things were turning up with dwight coming back...damn...

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

McHale didn't make it sound terrible. We'll see. Hoping for the best.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Sounds like bruised ribs, very painful.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Godspeed recovery Mr. TJones...:eek:

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. i3artow i3aller

Wishing you the very best, T. Jones.

Here's a much needed pick me up while we await more news.

Houston Rockets

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He was playing very well against Denver, I hope and pray that he will recover to full health soon. We will miss him.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Terrible, poor kid can't catch a break, he was on his way to a monster game.

I truly believe he is our best big after Howard.

Hope we get him back in time for playoffs.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll need him for bench depth in the playoffs so hopefully this isn't serious. If it's just cracked ribs or bruised ribs he should bounce back pretty quickly.

13. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Lotsa knee jerks around here.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale said Terrence Jones will stay at hospital overnight for tests on his ribs &amp; thought &quot;he'd be done for a little bit.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Adam Wexler (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/status/578751490694627328">March 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p>MUST WATCH
    <a href="https://t.co/jitHpYSPT1">https://t.co/jitHpYSPT1</a>”</p>&mdash; Space City Sports (@LiveSCS) <a href="https://twitter.com/LiveSCS/status/578739619165941760">March 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

T Jones had some really bad luck. He was playing great and has been playing great pretty much all the games he's played for us all season. He's a great help the Rockets.

I hope he gets well soon.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Him being out of the lineup for 10 games could definitely cost us home court, unless Dwight surprises (or DMo learns to rebound).

Definitely a back break for him and the team.

18. JazzLakerHater

Um... That doesn't sound too good.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I wouldn't go that far. It may cost us the 2nd or 3rd seed, but the magic number for the 4th seed and home court is now 12. That's doable without T-Jones if Dwight can return no later than the Minnesota game and play well the rest of the season.

Remember, the Rockets have played most of the year without T-Jones. I'm not saying we don't need him if we expect to go deep in the playoffs. But they can win regular season games without him.

20. rocketblood713

Stop thinking negitive just hope for the best nothing has been really said other then a rib injury so let's leave it at