1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[3-19-2015] Terrence Jones Injury Updates (UPDATE: Partially collapsed lung)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SK34, Mar 19, 2015.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

It seems to me that both TJones and DMo are something in between a role player and a player that actually impacts the game. Both have elite level skills, and have obviously worked on their weaknesses.

In the very near future, they will be in the same breath as Paul Millsap and Boris Diaw. Not stars per se, but absolutely necessary to winning.

2. basketballholic

Agree totally.

But will add this, the key for our bench unit is to create turnovers and bad shots and run off everything and get quick shots on the offensive end. Even with Prigs that unit is going to bog down in a half-court basketball. They have to get the defensive turnovers. If they don't, they're in trouble. It's feast or famine with them because of the lack of shooting. Even with Prigs in the pick-and-roll they gotta get the shot up quickly and scramble the glass.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I love me some Prigs.

He has made our ball movement that much better.

He's had a 6 and 7 assist games off the bench back to back.

keep it up youngster :p

I still wish that the Rockets picked up Anthony Morrow for the minimum.

4. vince

vince Member

Yeah, he had 14 assists in the last two game, and only 1 TO..... :cool:

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

I don't hate the D League. I just think that when a player shows that they are dominant down there, it is time to bring them back. Not let them toil away down there playing glorified pickup basketball. The one caveat is it probably is better that they be down there playing a lot of minutes instead of rotting away on the bench if they aren't going to be in the rotation because you'd prefer to play guys like Marcus Morris, Tarik Black, and Joey Dorsey.

I remember TJ running around playing PG and shooting 3 pointers all the time because he was not challenged and had the ultimate green light. A privilege he wouldn't enjoy on the big team. DMo was scoring at will in the post, but when up here against real NBA players, he still couldn't hold his position. They both went down there with the same strengths they have now. TJ always could dribble, block a few shots and grab rebounds at an okay rate and DMo was a dynamo in the post. They both needed to get stronger and work on outside shooting. The same things they continue to work on now. Capela is probably much more raw than either TJ or DMo were and you can actually see some development with him, but at this point, he is just doing a slam dunk contest every game because he is FAR more talented than everybody he plays against. He has an elite combination of length and athleticism that allows him to get away with all kinds of things that probably won't actually work in a real NBA game. So far, all of his strengths seem to translate to the NBA game just fine just like TJ and DMo's did. I simply think there is a certain point you reach with elite prospects where they need to be going against real NBA players instead of a handful of fringe NBA guys who may get a few call ups over their careers sprinkled in with guys that will never play in the NBA at all.

6. Orange

Orange Member

Well done. Sorry I doubted you.

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

If we were in desperate need both DMo & Papa would be ready to go against OKC...but front office again is being 'cautious' with rushing injured / fatigued players back too soon.

The success that we've had of late plus the intriguing emergence of Capela, free throws aside, has allowed the Rockets to postpone the Return of Captain Hook and Big Papa against OKC, but as I said in an earlier post, I expect DMo & Papa not only to be ready to go, but ready to return against the Spurs.

Papa has been training with the team, but with no 5 on 5 drills. Ankle is good, but Rox aren't taking any unnecessary risks...I still expect Papa to return against the Spurs, but mail is that he will be back next week at the latest though against either Pelicans or Hornets to get in a little game time before The Playoffs.

He has been working on his shooting & should be much improved upon return...

1 person likes this.
  8. IzakDavid13

...both Papa & DMo went out to the cinema together today.

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

staying awake for the game aswell? jesus were committed haha

10. IzakDavid13