1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2PAT & PARSONS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thegary, Nov 10, 2012.

1. AbrahamLincoln

100% agreement. Oh captain my captain.

2. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I agree with the number of speculating (and sometimes stupid) threads that are out there. But ppl can't help but judge a little on how each player is performing. Patrick Patterson's horrible play has stood out. He's just not executing the way a starting 4 should be (like Scola for example). Woudln't you agree that PPat could do a bit more?

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Criticizing a player for aspects of his game is perfectly reasonable. Expecting the team with 11 new players to work like a Swiss watch after 5 games is not. I want to add that I usually agree with thegary on a host of issues. Just not here.

4. Garner

Garner Member

It was either Simmons or one of the guys on NBA Today who said there is probably no more valuable contract than Parsons'

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

agree with Deckard. I also think people forget that Parsons is a 2nd year player. On a veteran team, he would get a lot more leeway for being young. For some reason, because he's the only real holdover from last season (PP is also, I know)...and because he has a year of experience...fans are holding him to a standard that is WAY higher than it should be.

He's young, solid, and improving. And the major hole in his game (shooting) is definitely one that seems improvable.

1 person likes this.
  6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

PPat's defense in the post has been impressive, but lacking everywhere else

7. hahachui

hahachui Member

Parsons needs to cut down his turnovers...

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Soooo much production for so little money. When you draft well (or some may say just get lucky) in the second round, this is the result!

9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

They are both inconsistent so far. But its just start of the season, so maybe we should hold our breath for a bit longer.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This ^

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i think you lost the plot from the op to now. i didn't criticize either player. i like parsons and think he has trade value. he will not improve much, i could be wrong but i don't see it. good time time to trade him. ppat is what he is, in this case a starter :eek: his trade value is as good as it's gonna get. trading one of them (preferably both) is the smart move.

oh, and i mentioned in the game thread, but i think lin and harden are gonna be dynamic. we are going to be very good. THIS YEAR.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sorry, thegary. While I'm up for a trade if it improves the team, I view Parsons as a keeper, a glue guy, unless the deal is off the charts. If it turns out that we snag a starter and Chandler comes off the bench in a 6th man role, then I'm certainly cool with that, too. Patterson? A nice player, hopefully healthy and improving this year, and he certainly has value, but we still are deep at his spot, just incredibly young. I'd move him for quality bench depth in New York minute.

13. thegary

you don't need a glue guy unless you're a contender

14. thegary

you just like him cause he white :p

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How about Morris instead of Patterson for the starting group? Will add a little more offensive punch to the starting lineup.

16. thegary

well those two played great last night. if they play that way every night, hallelujah! and morris, man, i'm getting excited about him. his potential is really showing now. we'll see. i WOULD NOT trade him.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I would be for this. 2Pat is better suited coming off the bench.

18. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I would rather Chandler come off the bench to help with ball-handling/ball-movement. Start Marcus and let him be your 2nd or 3rd option on offense. He could post up most 3's with regularity.

Bring Chandler off the bench to help offset Toney's weaknesses.

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

So everyone here is basically being a homer on PPatt and Parsons and even Mookie right now! Not saying that is bad, but seriously, if we had a chance at getting Millsap, Jefferson, Josh Smith, Pau etc. I think we should trade all of them for any one of these guys. A bird in the hand is worth 2(make it 3 here) in the bush.

20. thegary

i wouldn't trade morris for any of them.