1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd Unit Front Line of the Future: Capela, Wood and Dekker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jun 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Just because someone is drafted doesn't necessarily make them a better player than someone who went undrafted.

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Honestly I'm not excited by any of these picks.

If they do make some sort of an impact it'll be far down the line.

Their shooting is just not good enough to crack the rotation.

3. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Anyone that thinks Wood is gonna take Harrell's lunch is gonna be sorely mistaken.

4. okierock

Double post

5. okierock

Which pics at our spots would get you excited?

We got Wood...

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think hanging with the VIPERS will be a great harm to either of them

Rocket River

7. okierock

Agreed.

I have a lot more hope that Harrell will make an impact in the NBA than I do for Wood. The NBA eats kids like Wood alive. There are too many grown men with families and paychecks on the line that will be more than happy to send him home with his tail between his legs. Dorsey is a guy that might lose his job to this kid and I wouldn't want to try and take Dorsey's lunch. Add to that a whole lot of freedom and some money and Wood has got a lot stacked against him.

I am still excited to see him play and do agree that if he can turn up with a solid NBA work ethic he certainly has the talent to make it. Summer league is gonna be fun.