1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2nd Round Playoffs] Spurs vs. Hornets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, May 1, 2008.

1. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe it has been mentioned, but did anyone see that shoulder delivered by Bruce Bowen to Chris Paul's head? After an allyoop to Chandler in 3rd quarter (I think), you can see Bowen hang around under the hoop measuring where Paul is going. he stays slightly behind and out of site, then when Paul turns his head he slides in so Paul turns right into his shoulder and snaps his head back. No one mentioned it, it wasn't replayed, but it's typical of what Bowen is looking to do whenever he can.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

that play was fine by horry he stood his ground arms tucked in no elbows out, people set back picks all the time. what was horry supposed to do with west going up in the air? he stood his ground.

he did lean forward but i would wager that 80% of the picks set in the nba are the same the other 20% are moving.

its really a media fabricated thing imo, because of Horrys hard pick last year on nash they are blowing this up. Had that been kurt thomas setting that pick it would have been just said it was a good playoff foul.

west's back injury was the reason that it was made even bigger.

horry isnt at fault for putting on a good playoff screen. even that was tmac getting knocked down I would be upset obviously cuz tracy would be missing the rest of the game, but I wouldnt get mad at the person setting the screen even if it was harpring. There have been much worse fouls in the NBA during these playoffs that weren't called.

if scola did that to boozer he would have been praised here. i dont care for either team, personally i want the hornets to win so Ryan Bowen gets a chance at a ring.

even byron scott said that the playoffs know are nothing like the celtics/lakers matchups during the 80s where they literally had battles in the post all game long and the rambis clothesline was just two free throws.

hopefully the nba granted some lame scheduling with west having 3 days to rest same with chandler they should hopefully be at full strength come monday.

3. ibm

ibm Member

a hip check normally won't be a typical basketball move. you're right. but to stop the clock and a speedy guard running away at full speed, then it IS a legit bball move.

you can argue that particular game was virtually over the time horry hit nash. on the other hand, if the game was over, then why nash was still running at full speed? it goes both ways.

bottom line is, i don't see nay malice of getting nash injured in that hip check. and as hard as nash fell, he didn't get injured.

the league was totally inconsistent in handling players leaving the bench area and benefited the spurs last year. but that's another sotry.