1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{2nd Round] Cavs vs Celtics

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, May 6, 2008.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What is wrong with the Celtics playing on the road? They will have a real problem if they get blown out today. Something is broken.

2. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Wow, do you guys see the vibrations on James shoulder when he fell down? James is lucky not to injure his shoulder or arm with so much momentum and force. Geeze. James really is strong as a bull.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm sure Posey wasn't intentionally going for his neck. Usually most players would be stopped in their tracks. But James ran so hard he slipped out of Posey's grab and his hands slipped to the neck. LBJ is a freight train going down the lane.

I know the Cavs are playing well tonight, but to be down ~25 this soon is a monster crapfest by the Celtics.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That's why you know Posey pulled him very very hard to make him flip back like that. Flipping T.J. Ford by the neck is one thing; flipping LeBron like that is another.

BTW, I think we all knew it was just a matter of time before "Hatchet Man" Posey smacked LeBron.

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

what's the 2 chinese words tattoo on Delonte West's neck 赛狮 - "lion dance" or "lion dance contest"?

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Lebron STILL struggling. At least the rest of the team is making shots.

Wally could be a major x-factor for the Cavs in the playoffs. He's been struggling all season. If he can meet the expectations and establish himself as a threat it will make Lebron and company's job easier then it has been all season.

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow... I feel obligated to like Kevin Garnett now.

Posey makes all of his "hatchet" jobs look accidental, that's why he doesn't get suspended nor do opposing players get mad at him. He's sneaky dirty like all those old Jazz players.

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

ESPN is a joke when it comes to LeBron. He could go 1-15, and make a 3 followed by "Looks like he finally found his rhythm."

9. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

JVG said the celtics should do a Hack-a-Ben. lol.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I hear what you're saying and I also like James Posey. But (in past seasons) several of his hacks on Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni of the Bulls didn't look accidental to me.

IMO, Posey goes right to the edge of the line but he rarely crosses it. I was sorry to see him leave the Rockets. He's like a nasty version of Shane without being a total dirtbag like Bruce Bowen.

11. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

give Mike Brown credits on the adjustments in offense:
    - more/better player movements
    - more dribble penetrations
    - faster pace

But the most important thing is: all the Cavs knock down shots. HOME SWEET HOME!

Ben Wallace's defense also makes a difference. I didnt like Varejao's play in Game 3 at all.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

this game shows it takes 5. lebron struggled mightily from the field again, but his teammates stepped up in a BIG BIG way.

like i've been saying all along, no one guy can win a game.

13. ibm

ibm Member

very physical, a little dirty and floppy (how surprising in the league nowadays), a little boring but with great tenacity; yet appearing to be nothing special.

this is so far what boston has showed so far in the playoffs.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's pretty smart advice, he's worse than Shaq.

15. ibm

ibm Member

a valid option. but not as much as it is an option for the spurs, because the celts don't have as many serviceable bench players.

16. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

except, Michael Jordan.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Even MJ couldn't do it until he had good, mentally tough teammates, a coach the players believed in and a stifling defense that, at times, could bring other teams to their knees. Right now, the Cavs coach isn't very good, their defense is pretty good and LeBron's teammates are hard to figure.

But I don't believe for one minute that MJ would have performed as poorly on offense as LeBron against these Celtics, despite the attention. Until LeBron develops a deadly pull-up, mid-range jumper and a quick mid-range turnaround shot, he is going to have major trouble against very good defensive teams. IMO, MJ would have pulled the Cavs to an 8-10 point win in game 1 because the Celts were ready to be beaten.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

wow how bad are pierce and allen been in the playoffs? they've been trash.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Ray Allen sucks.