1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{2nd Round] Cavs vs Celtics

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, May 6, 2008.

1. sook

sook Rookie

The big 3 can never substitute for a guy that will take over a game like McGrady, Wade, Kobe Lebron....all have proven they can do so. Garnett and Allen didn't score in the 4rth and they weren't injured but they don't get all that hate anyways

2. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

That's not a foul because he's KG and he just got dunk on!?
    Clearly two hand shove on LBJ by KG.
    The refs would have blown the whistles 200 times if that's Yao.
    [​IMG]

3. ibm

ibm Member

a blow at mid-section, too. lebron is so strong. if it's someone else, the body could go flying.

dpoy? lol.

4. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

sometime during the game they showed garnett in slow motion saying somethig to the crowd..i think i read "f**king fa**ots"

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lebron sucked that game except for a few baskets. He hasn't really taken over a game this series. I expect him to do that for at least a couple games. I think game 5 is huge for boston cause if lebron decides to take over I don't see boston wining.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

One of those three has to step up and take this series over. Because Pierce is too busy with James and because Allen is too busy trying to figure out what the hell he can do to help the team win, it will have to be KG. Unfortunately, he's found a way to dodge that responsibility with that "it takes 5" business. That sounds good for amateurs, but in the NBA, even though you win and lose as a team, 1 player can be the difference. Like Bill Russell said, Garnett has to "wrap his arms around his teammates and bring them along", 1 player in this series will do that, but it's going to be James.

7. poprocks

poprocks Member

I'm watching this series and I'm thinking..man this looks like a mirror of the Rockets when I'm watching the Cavs.

Think about it -

T-Mac vs Lebron
    Yao vs Big Z
    Battier vs Szerbiak

Scola/Landry/Mutumbo vs Varejo/Wallace/Smith

Finally sucky pt guard Alston vs sucky pt guard Daniel Gibson

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I definitely see a comparison between Tmac and Lebron. Two of the better (best?) non-pg passers, who constantly get the ball at the top of the key at the beginning of the play and are forced to create. Big Z is probably the next biggest center after Yao (7'3?) and both have a soft touch. Also the Rockets and Cavs are very strong on the defensive end.

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Yup. Yao would get the foul if he just stood there with his hands up.

I still remember that KG would *push* Yao out with both hands (something I thought was illegal unless you're pushing out Yao) but would *never* get called. Sign.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Wow, what happend to Boston. I still see them strugglinf ofensivly with Pierce, KG and Allen...inbelivable. But really, Ray sucks. He is not the same that he was even season ago.

LeBron 7/20 and Cavs still won

11. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

Cept Lebron is > T-Mac but Yao > Big Z so it's a wash

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

CLE 23 : 18 BOS end of the 1st quarter.

If Boston lose this game tonight at home, they will lose this series.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

kg, pierce, and allen are easily 3 of the most overrated players in today's game. can't take over offensively for ONE GAME?

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Fratello said LeBron is Cleveland's best open field runner since Jim Brown. Good one.

Rondo with two 3s in a row! :eek: Down to 6 with PP going to the line.

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Rondo > big 3!

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

james has zero mid-range game. either it's a 3/long range shot or a layup/dunk. nothing around the 15-18 ft range

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Credit to the Celtics defense once again shutting Lebron down in the 3rd. Every time LBJ makes a step 3 guys close in on him, and he's having trouble making a play to the open man.

God forbid Mike Brown makes any adjustments.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The turning points in the game were Rondo's consecutive 3 pointers during the 10-0 run and the burst of energy on both ends the Celts had to start the 3rd quarter. It was obvious the Cavs weren't in the proper frame of mind to start the 2nd half.

The Celtics may have just saved their season because it sure looked like the Cavs had figured them out. Oh so close. Up 43-29 and the Celtics struggling to get any kind of decent shot. Rondo hits those two bombs and the rest is history.

It ain't over yet but the Cavs aren't going to come back unless the Celts completely lose their concentration.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Cavs defense destroyed the Celts at the end of the 1st half. A 17-2 run in a game like this is all it takes. Speaking of unworthy dogfood (as in a current D&D thread), that describes Ray Allen very well. What chump!

Is anyone else watching?