1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd Dem Debate - Jul 30-31, 2019

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RayRay10, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There have to be tens of thousands of jobs in the insurance industry connected to healthcare coverage. This isn't the tech/ software development industry we're talking about, where changing jobs can be a relatively common thing. So I definitely agree with you on this aspect of making a huge change with how we get our healthcare. That has to be considered. It isn't a deal breaker, but it also isn't something that's as simple as some may think. We're talking about a major impact on thousands upon thousands of families.

As someone who is on Medicare, and has been for a while now, what changes due to MFA, if any, would I be looking at? I have an excellent supplemental provided by the State of Texas (thanks to my significant other), but surely I have to be impacted somehow, as she will when she goes on it.

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Booker, Yang, Castro, and Gabbard probably had the best nights of the candidates on stage, but I’m not sure anyone was great or will get much airtime afterwards.

Thought Harris struggled mightily as she wasn’t really ready to be among the leaders at this point. Lot easier to dunk on people when you don’t have folks coming at you. Also seems that a Biden-Harris ticket is probably not happening.

Biden was meh...which is probably good enough for him right now to maintain the lead. He’s really not an inspiring candidate at the moment, but maybe he’s waiting for the later debates. He’s sort of lucky that Warren and Sanders were in the other debate as I think they’d destroy him talking polIcy.

Lastly, wish that they’d keep the debates away from CNN. Their moderators suck: too much of trying to pick fights and drive narratives instead of allowing things to develop naturally.

Last time we’ll see a lot of these candidates with the cutoffs becoming more strict.

tmoney1101 and arkoe like this.
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Harris’ prediction market chances have fallen hard after tonight. Biden is pulling away there.

Looks like the Dems will go with the boring, tired establishment candidate yet again. Didn’t work so well in 2016!

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Young >>> Old. Just saying.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Not nearly as fair of a distribution of speaking time as I thought it was. But man did Tulsi and Yang make the most out of their limited time.

[​IMG]

7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Democrats are the only ones that do this? Seems to me that Republicans really don’t give a crap about what happens to those in the abortion industry or those employed in many government jobs. Seems that the common refrain from the right is “screw those guys who work for” abortion clinics and work in government jobs, “they are part of the problem.”

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's almost like he's irrelevant.

Nook likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

“almost”??

justtxyank likes this.
  10. TheresTheDagger

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Amiga likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's fine to consider. But people projecting what people will like or dislike before it can be sold/mislabeled by the Republicans/then having a retort about it, we don't know whether they will like or dislike it in the end.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I see no point in attacking him either. Of course that will change soon.

He is deliberately avoiding speaking about other candidates for two reasons. One, he has to work on name recognition harder than just about everyone out there. Two, he truly is focused on solutions first as a campaign strategy.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this is not a shot at Tulsi (who I think would be the most formidable candidate in a general election), but she was going to be the most searched candidate no matter what happened, human nature being what it is

B-Bob likes this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I actually understand Googles position here and it’s something that’ll be easily provable in an investigation at any level. You’ll be able to see if someone manually made the change or if it was truly automated. Plus Tulsis campaign should have had some sort of heads up given to Google that there would be a spike. Anytime any .org makes that level of purchase, they always create a paper trail leading up to it for some level of compliance.

Also I got blasted with about 20 Tulsi commercials during a prime time debate. How in the world is a candidate poling less than 1% able to afford that? That’s like Bud Light during the Super Bowl ad buys by relative standards.

Anyways... I find her candidacy increasingly bizarre and her again having an even more bizarre response tonight on Assad just really sad to hear. Not saying Tulsi is totally wrong about Kamalas record either. Why does she do that and recite Russian talking points on Syria? WTF is up with that, and why is nobody in her camp not guiding her to a less head scratching response?

I want so much to like Tulsi, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what in the world she’s trying to do here.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  16. biff17

biff17 Member

This bagging on Obama is such a trendy hip thing to do like all the cool kids are doing it to show how superior they are.

I think progressives and the candidates who are trying to appeal to them are really underestimating how many democrats are moderates.

And forgetting that Republicans obstructed on a historic level while he was president.

I also have to wonder do some people actually realize the powers that a president actually has and how that affects all of these things they want to accomplish.

mdrowe00 and jcf like this.
  17. biff17

biff17 Member

I don't think Tulsi is that hot.

She is attractive but nothing you don't see everyday.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Obama has a 95% approval rating among Dems. Going after Obama is ridiculously stupid although it seems almost unintentional which is even worse that one might be that clumsy.

B-Bob, The Real Shady and jcf like this.
  19. TheresTheDagger

Yeah Dems. Stop picking on Obama! ;)

20. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member