1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Congratulations on your win Gettinbranded. The Bulls deserved it. They are the only team that played with any effort tonight.

I am amazed at your ability to put up with so much losing. I guess the six titles help a bit.

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I suppose that's what we get for building a system dependent on Francis and Mobley, and having no Francis and a hobbling Mobley.

Maybe Clutch might get to make use of the lotto generator again...

Anyone up for a Rashard Lewis homecoming?

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

the bulls beat us very convincingly...good game on the bull's part, they got on us and never let us back in.

5. Houstone

Houstone Member

Lottery here come the Rockets, faster than ever!!!:(

6. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

What did you all think of the three kids...and Fizer?

7. Severe Rockets Fan

I think its obvious...Hassell's legit, curry's easily a future all-star, still not too sure about chandler, fizer took EG to school...but I think mercer was the constant spark the whole game, he just hit shot after shot...I guess thats what we get for puttting ol'man rice on him :mad:

:eek:

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've always liked Curry better than Chandler (and Kwame). Curry is a big man, and will be good.

Chandler has less bulk than Eddie and not as good outside range. His frame doesn't look like it will hold up, and from what I've heard, doesn't have a great work ethic.

Still think they're crazy for trading Brand for Chandler, though they probably didn't know Curry would be sitting there at #4.

As for Fizer, why did they trade Brand, and then not give Fizer the job? Fizer has excellent talent.

What did you think of Griff, Torres, Tierre Brown and Langhi? (None of whom would be getting serious minutes if Francis, Mobley, and Mo were 100%)

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Frankly, GB, I am disappointed in you. I fully expected a "Can Duke beat the Rockets" thread after that horrific game (from the Rockets standpoint). I assume you went to the game.

Enjoy that taco, it will be the last for a while.... ;)

10. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Chandler--when his jumper is on--goes down like Mercers was tonight. Just doesn't happen consistently, He was drafted for his athleticism, Curry for his game. The Bulls are intent on teaching him to do everything---jumpers, postups, slashing, passing----and feel his athleticism will let him be a star when it all comes around.

Yes---a longterm project.

Curry has unbelievable hands and footwork for a man of his size. Right after Brand was drafted, a Chicago newspaper said of him (Brand) that "If he were 5 inches, 4 or maybe even 3 inches taller, he'd retire with his name being mentioned among the great centers to ever play the game." Ladies and gentlemen: Eddy Curry is that player.

Fizer is going to be the starter (they thought he wouldn't fully blossom until next season) soon---and Hassell is the big ? in my mind. I wonder how good he can be...I think he can be Finley or Allen good one day.

I liked your young 'uns! Tierre Brown---Torres....where did they come from. Too bad you hadn't gotten them more PT before tonight. They might have made a difference.

Would you do a Miller/Guyton for Norris trade?

11. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Duke??

What about the Comets? :D

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Tell us where to sign!!!!!

13. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Are you kidding? The Comets have pride and common sense... and of course a better coach. Rudy would have his mom call at halftime w/ "a list of chores" for him to do.

14. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Achebe,

I just watched the skit that inspired your sig....lol.

"Hi. My name's Glenn Frye."

15. Live

Live Member

Where did Fizer get that jump hook from?! :D

But seriously, great game by the Bulls.

As I wrote in another thread, the Bulls have a bright future, and are probably a consistent scorer (and experience, of course) away from making some noise.

And if Curry gets serious about his body and conditioning, WATCH OUT! The size, the footwork, THE HANDS, I can see why they call him 'Baby Shaq'.

#15 Live, Dec 5, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2001