1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

22 game winning streak revisited

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PJ86, Aug 29, 2015.

1. PJ86

PJ86 Member

http://www.nba.com/2013/history/05/18/2008-the-houston-rockets-22-game-winning-streak/

Battier sums it up pretty good and great to see the recognition for our lack of star power as opposed to Miami Heat's streak. The last games without Yao we won with almost 15 points on average, that's crazy. The only thing I will say is that some of the opponents were really horrible, not sure about the Heat streak.

Crazy how they mistook Brooks for Lowry, in the internet age it is crazy how they cannot get it right haha :grin:

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'll always remember that final game vs the Lakers and Battier's defense on Kobe. We looked unstoppable.

I had tickets to the following game vs the Celtics and Toyota Center was absolutely pumped. No shame in losing to the eventual champs.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was at that game too. By chance (booked it well in advance). Amazing experience. I'll never forget it. Anyone who coaches basketball at any level should show that footage to their players. Perfect example of teamwork. Everyone contributed.

4. YourSecretLover

I remember Rafer Alston taking a big giant dump on Vujachich

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The passing during that streak was unreal. That shot against Sacramento really highlighted that for me. Passing the ball until anyone was truly open. Then Steve Novak comes through. Deke on defense, Bobby Jackson, Aaron Brooks, Bonzi Wells all chipping in. That was truly amazing considering our streak was plagued with injuries to two of the best players in the NBA.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

And then Sausage Vagina tried to punk him when Rafer was humiliating his ass.

I can't believe its been 8 years.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I was at the 22nd game win vs. the Lakers. One of the best games I've ever been to. Top 3 for sure.

9. MistaK

MistaK Member

Nice article, brings back lots of memories...but why does the article talk about Lowry though? Brooks was with the Rockets, Lowry joined the team in 08/09.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I wasn't at the Lakers game because I had to go to a birthday party, but it was at Dave and Busters. So instead of doing what the other kids (I was in 8th grade, at the time) were doing and running to the machines, I went straight to the bar where the game was playing.

Probably the most fun I've had in there! Everyone was reacting to the game and having a good time talking Rockets. That 4th quarter was intense till the final minutes where we blew out the Lakers, too exciting!

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

I wonder after we win NBA this season, will people stop remembering 90s or early 2000s so much during post season.

12. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

The Rockets have great history. We love to reflect on past favorite teams and players.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's the dark times that make winning so sweet.
    The next time we win a championship, we as fans will value it as much as any fanbase ever has.
    Gotta remember your roots.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I was at the Bobcats game where they won their 21st straight. Toyota Center was insanely loud in the final minute. It felt like a playoff atmosphere. T-Mac played every minute that night if I recall correctly which is why he looked like a zombie through 3 quarters in the next game vs the Lakers.

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

This was in 2008

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol, newbs don't know their history.

17. gah

gah Member

If you're going to misspell it, might as well misspell it correctly.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

What a great coach, Rick Adelman.

Can't imagine any truly great players going against his rule...

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

thank god for T-MAC. our 22 game win streak will be almost be one of the greatest memories he gave to us as rockets fans.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Thank god for rick adelman who was at every game in the streak