1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

21 Games Left time to set the rotation for potential deep playoff run THIS YEAR

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanskan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Now I would not be surprised if we lose a tough 7 game series in the first round but I think we will be a 6 vs 3 match up with the Clippers and we have good shot of pulling the upset and with Parkers injury I really think San Antonio finishes 2nd and will play the Lakers or Warriors in the first round.

This actually gives us a good shot at winning in the conference semis no matter how that matchup plays out and after that who knows.

With this being said the Rockets can address the off season when it happens but lets see what we can do now.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    D-Mo
    Asik

is set and we need to move forward with this lineup.

Now I prefer the 3-1/2 man bench going into effect sooner than later

Delfino
    Beverly/Brooks (whoever ends up winning the backup spot)

is 7

I think Garcia is 8 and personally depending on the match up I would say we could either go small with the 3rd pg and Parsons or Delfino sliding up to the 4 during stretches or Robinson getting time

What we know for this year is

White
    Jones
    The new German guy
    Smith
    Anderson

Should not be getting serious time these are all projects with upside but major limitations.

I assume Honeycutt (sp) is getting cut

thoughts?

Am I wrong about the 9th guy getting in? Should be keep it a tight 8 or will we play all 10 of the above mentioned players and buck tradition with our fast paced style?

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I only counted 14 players. Is anybody missing in that list? (It's hard to keep up with our roster these days... :))

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Ah. you missed T-Rob. I think T-Rob or Smith will be the 9th player.

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I mentioned T-Rob

Had a Brooks? maybe and Beverly combo at back up point

But yes I agree T-Rob probably 9th guy

5. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I've heard some suggest bringing Brooks off the pine as a backup SG - and going super small with a Beverley-Brooks-Delfino perimeter bench.

I'm not sure if we'd do more damage or get more damage done to us with that lineup, but it's something to consider, at least in spurts.

I think we should go with:
    6 - Delfino (SG/SF)
    7 - Beverley (PG)
    8 - Robinson/Smith (PF/C)
    9 - Wild card. Brooks or Garcia maybe.

6. thekad

thekad Member

Need to see how Brooks plays with Lin and/or Harden. Also if Olbrecht can provide some defense when Asik sits.