1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, May 1, 2023.

1. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Troy Franklin is still available.

A_3PO, Sooty and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, the sky is falling whining is hilarious. People can't help themselves but to overreact. Even after management and coaches have given plenty of reason to give them the benefit of the doubt here in the last year plus.

houstonstime, rusHour, cbass and 6 others like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Philly has had a helluva draft

ApolloRLB, eliefor3 and Sooty like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

DT: Brandon Dorlus, Mekhi Wingo, Tyler Davis, Khristian Boyd, Justin Eboigbe, Leonard Taylor III, Marcus Harris, Jordan Jefferson, Jaden Crumedy, Keith Randolph Jr., Fabien Lovett Sr., Zion Logue, Logan Lee, Justin Rogers, Jowon Briggs, Evan Anderson

RB: Jaylen Wright, Ray Davis, Braelon Allen, Isaac Guerendo, Bucky Irving, Audric Estime, Blake Watson, Will Shipley, Isaiah Davis, Tyrone Tracy Jr., Rasheen Ali, Kimani Vidal, Dylan Laube, Jawhar Jordan, Cody Schrader, George Holani, Emani Bailey, Dillon Johnson, Jase McClellan, Keilan Robinson, Frank Gore Jr.

WR: Troy Franklin, Brenden Rice, Javon Baker, Devontez Walker, Malik Washington, Johnny Wilson, Bub Means, Jamari Thrash, Anthony Gould, Jacob Cowing, Cornelius Johnson, Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint, Tahj Washington, Ainias Smith, Devaughn Vele, Jordan Whittington, Xavier Weaver, Lideatrick Griffin, Isaiah Williams, Jha'Quan Jackson, Jalen Coker, Ryan Flournoy, Drake Stoops

TE: Ja'Tavion Sanders, Cade Stover, Tanner McLachlan, Jared Wiley, Theo Johnson, AJ Barner, Jaheim Bell, Erick All, Brevyn Spann-Ford, Dallin Holker, Trey Knox, McCallan Castles, Isaac Rex

LB: Cedric Gray, Jeremiah Trotter Jr., Curtis Jacobs, Edefuan Ulofoshio, Nathaniel Watson, Jaylan Ford, Jordan Magee, Tyrice Knight, Tommy Eichenberg, Aaron Casey, Steele Chambers

CB: T.J. Tampa, Cam Hart, Kris Abrams-Draine, Khyree Jackson, Decamerion Richardson, Caelen Carson, D.J. James, Jarvis Brownlee Jr., Nehemiah Pritchett, Myles Harden, Dwight McGlothern, Josh Newton, Tarheeb Still, M.J. Devonshire, Ryan Watts, Chau Smith-Wade, Deantre Prince, Willie Drew, Daequan Hardy, Kalen King, Qwan'tez Stiggers, Johnny Dixon, Carlton Johnson

G: Sataoa Laumea, Christian Mahogany, Javion Cohen, Mason McCormick, Dylan McMahon, Julian Pearl, KT Leveston, Layden Robinson

QB: Spencer Rattler, Michael Pratt, Kedon Slovis, Jordan Travis, Devin Leary, Joe Milton III, Sam Hartman, Carter Bradley, Austin Reed

EDGE: Austin Booker, Brennan Jackson, Cedric Johnson, Mohamed Kamara, Gabe Hall, Myles Cole, Gabriel Murphy, Javon Solomon, Xavier Thomas, Trajan Jeffcoat, Nelson Ceaser, Jaylen Harrell, Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Eric Watts, Braiden McGregor, Grayson Murphy, Solomon Byrd, David Ugwoegbu, Zion Tupuola-Fetui

OT: Christian Jones, Javon Foster, Tylan Grable, Walter Rouse, Frank Crum, Nathan Thomas, Ethan Driskell, Andrew Coker, Giovanni Manu, LaDarius Henderson

C: Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, Tanor Bortolini, Hunter Nourzad, Jacob Monk, Beaux Limmer, Matt Lee, Charles Turner III, Nick Samac, Nick Gargiulo, Drake Nugent, Andrew Raym, Kingsley Eguakun

S: Jaden Hicks, Dadrion Taylor-Demerson, Kitan Oladapo, Jaylin Simpson, Malik Mustapha, Beau Brade, Dominique Hampton, Evan Williams, Jaylon Carlies, James Williams, Demani Richardson, Andre' Sam, Josh Proctor, Sione Vaki, Tyler Owens, Trey Taylor, Jaylen Key, Patrick McMorris, Mark Perry, Akeem Dent, Thomas Harper

5. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

6’2 and 188, that is the body of a lean, rangy corner, mate. Very good at tracking the ball.

K9Texan likes this.
  6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Lotta words. So how'd we do?

Miss draft nights on ClutchFans. Now a younger generation of dorks like we were mad the GM and coach didn't watch 1 billion more hours of tape and have .378 billion meetings about these players than us, the "drive to work is our sports hour" hosses.

7. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

It's just a shame that they're not running the Texans instead of Nick and Demeco.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Remaining picks
    Round 4: 127
    Round 6: 188
    Round 6: 189
    Round 7: 238
    Round 7: 247

9. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Or perhaps a free safety.

9Hj.gif

swoosh1014 likes this.
  10. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

9-C92-E618-E978-4-A36-8-F06-E1-A28-B2-E325-F.gif

11. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

The Steelers have drafted some nice talent.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

By who?

Some of y'all treat these lists by random draft "gurus" as Gospel. They're all just some guys opinion. Some guy who isn't even employed by an NFL team to evaluate talent. Some guy who inevitably gets crap wrong EVERY single year yet y'all treat as THE ONLY script to follow when the draft comes around again.

NEWSFLASH: Every team has their own big board and they don't all match. In fact, the later we get in the draft, the more likely they are to vary wildly.

I GUARANTEE you he wasn't ranked 82 by the Texans. If you were basing your opinions based off of the Texans big board instead of what ESPN throws on screen, you're reaction would probably be different. You'd be thinking we got great value at every pick.

I just wonder why we get so upset when what our team does doesn't match up with the opinion of people who don't have NFL jobs.

TheFreak, crose and gfab-babyboi like this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Nope, Grew up in my hometown. Ballard is a small town no nonsense guy who worked his way up

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I really like our draft. I’m coaching basketball in the morning so I should sleep soon, but I just thought you all should know exactly how I felt about it because whatever.

15. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I usually enjoy this guy's takes:

Astros713 likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Them, Washington, bears and the rams

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

We added some players/talent to DBs, which we needed. Not the guys I liked, but I didn't have time to dive deep. Am I excited, not really, but I'm hopeful these guys contribute this year.

I did not expect an OT in Rd2, but Blake looks like a high ceiling guy that we can groom.

Got to have faith that these guys will develop and contribute to winning.

Hope we look at RB or TE with our 4th, seems to be best values going into tomorrow.

houstonstime likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Happy coach, happy life, that’s the saying right? ;)

houstonstime and zeeshan2 like this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Geez, excuse me for looking at an NFL prospect projection list because I wasn't privy to the Texans secret big board. I never heard of the guy so I looked him up and saw that ranking. So what? Excuse me for daring to make a comment when I'm not a Texans coach or NFL expert. I didn't realize those were the only comments approved in here. Newsflash back to you. I wasn't all outraged and upset. You are the one that seems all bent out of shape because I mentioned it. I had no clue what they would do in this draft, and didn't expect us to get any of the best prospects in the 2nd round.

So what if I had higher hopes for one of the other prospects? I think a lot of people hoped for a lot of different players on defense and offense.
    Everyone has opinions about who they like best, and I enjoyed reading the posts. It certainly doesn't make a difference in who we get, because the coaches and staff's decisions are the only ones that count. None of us can read minds, see the future, or see the Texans secret ranking board. Oh well, every single year people who "aren't the coach and staff experts" will talk in this forum about the upcoming draft, and that's the purpose of the forum. Guess what? Sometimes we get it right when we predict who might be better than who a coach picks.

P. S. It seems like your Gospel, as you say it is that unless you are an NFL expert, you know nothing. So remember that if you dare to question a coach's decisions. If they want to use little Tank as a blocker again, or whatever play they call that seems stupid, nobody is "qualified" to question it. Right? :p

#4020 deb4rockets, Apr 27, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2024