1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 11, 2024.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Why is the team posting different statistical chances? I trust Clutchfans.
    Edit. The percentages in the first post are for Nets and they are the same as posted here

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope he will prove us wrong. I'm not keen on him.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

honestly the eye test tells me he can move his feet well enough to be a serious force protecting the rim. He’s not gonna switch or guard on the perimeter, but he is gonna own the paint and I don’t see him slow abd lumbering the way Edey is. He’ll have a more expansive defensive range. If he can develop a shot he’s gonna be a very good pro and there is reason for optimism there. Someone said this (can’t remember who), but I think it’s about conditioning and health for him. I think he’s a better prospect than Duren and Mark Williams and I really liked both coming out.

4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm confused. So do we own the presumably 9th pick or is that going to OKC since is not top 4?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The higher the pick the better player we can trade it for....

DD

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The room will open today at 1:30pm Central time...

sirjesse likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

(Likely) 12th pick(Rockets pick) is going to OKC
    (Likely) 9th pick(Nets pick) is going to Houston

Rockets are getting the Nets pick no matter where it lands
    Thunder are getting the Rockets pick if it lands 5-14; Rockets keep it 1-4

sirjesse and cheke64 like this.
  9. Aruba77

as a guy who can come in and make a difference right away, I like him. Like the size. Don’t like the defense, but he can score in different ways; not just a shooter. I think Shepard and McCain are better shooters and they are a couple years younger…and smaller. I’d be fine drafting either of the two top Kentucky guards, Kenecht or McCain at #9. I trust our scouts to get the pick right.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The nba lottery is always exciting for a variety of reasons, but this year it just doesn’t hit the same for me.

This draft class is a snooooooze fest.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

12. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The players available are not exciting, but the lottery itself is very exciting for me. The possibility of the Rockets getting two top 10 picks is fun even if it’s unlikely. When we had the worst record, I was always watching hoping that we wouldn’t fall too far. I can watch this one with a much more positive perspective.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Feels very Houston Rockets to finally win a lottery and jump a bunch of spots in a bad draft.

Amiga and pippendagimp like this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Nets Pick to Houston is Unprotected

Rockets Pick Top 4 Protected if Out of Top 4 it will go to OKC (Russell Westbrook for Chris Paul Trade).

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

More upbeat about this Draft Lottery than Last Year.

Victor W going to the Spurs was obvious, very shady of Popovich tanking games.
    Victor talking to Tony Parker before the Draft etc. Victor childhood team, wore a Parker 9 Spurs Jersey. Adam Silver had to make Victor a Spur.

16. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

Getting a top 4 pick would be fun and good for trade purposes, but if the FO actually ends up selecting a player it’s possible they might even prefer #9 to #3 or #4 this draft.

If they see the top ~10 prospects as one big interchangeable tier, as most observers do, the difference in contract and cap hold might make the later pick better.

Would I rather have Buzelis at #3 on a $45M/4 contract with a huge RFA cap hold vs Knecht or Cody Williams at #9 on a $20M/4 contract and small RFA cap hold? I don’t know

Aruba77 likes this.
  17. PatBev

PatBev Member

Nikola Topic was 2027 finals MVP for the Austin Bats in 2k myleague

That’s all I’m gonna say

Williamson and Aruba77 like this.
  18. Aruba77

its a little ironic that this class is flat and someone picking late first or even 2nd round could end up with a better player than the late lotto or mid-1st round. It’s actually not a bad year to have a late 1st round pick even though the top of the draft is so poor. That’s why folks who are saying we could move back may be right. Then again, you have to find a team that actually wants to give up assets to move up.

MrButtocks likes this.
  19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This is where I am. And I would even take a step further that I am very content and happy with how we have built the roster over the last three years. I understand how people would rather have Banchero over Smith or Victor over Amen. BUT that isn’t what happened AND I’m high on Smith and Amen over those guys in certain respects.

Even if Green just fades into oblivion, I like how we are set up.

Id go Topic over Sarr with #1.

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This might be the least consequential lottery ever. Forget about a consensus #1 pick, there isn't even a consensus top six. Other than Sarr, you could end up with your top preferred target at 7 or 9.