1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 Team USA/FIBA World Cup

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dr of Dunk, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Jaaaaa those final minutes were crazy, Dennis incredibly clutch and Serbia missing that wide-open corner three. Also Voigtmann had a massive game for us.

What an unbelievable success for this team, historic.

[​IMG]

Raz, JayGoogle, AlperenSengun and 3 others like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Franz gets MVP of the Game.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

This is worse than January 6th

6. VanityHalfBlack

lmao

7. Raz

Raz Member

HO LY FU CK! World Champions! Never thought I would live to see Germany win a World Chapionship in Basketball. So happy right now, especially when you think where this group came from. In the World Cup 2019 our guys were eliminated after the group stage and losing to DomRep.

Not gonna lie, saw the downfall coming when Serbia had that open three in the corner to tie the game with only a minute or so to play, got lucky there but still deserved the trophy, because this team is really, really special. When it comes to our Rockets legends, never liked Schröder as a person and was furious when the Rockets traded for him, at least on the national team he really matured and become a rolemodel. Guess the same goes for him as for Patty Mills: When FIBA, he's on a different level. Basketball legend from this day on. Theis? Always thought he was here at the wrong time. Great guy, hope he will see another chance with the Pacers.

This the house Dirk built. He never had a playmaker like prime Schröder on his side, a slasher like Franz, a shooter like Obst or a wrecking-ball like Bonga, but I guess none of them were wearing gold today if it wasn't for Nowitzki, so this one goes to him as well.

Nothing from Kevin Durant so far, nothing from Lillard, nothing from Draymond and all the others, so you know what's coming...

WORLD CHAMPION OF WHAT???

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

congrats all the german brehs. started from the bottom now we here.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Next Oktoberfest.....

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld and Jontro like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am glad Dirk at least had Kidd, Peja, Stevenson, Tyson Chandler.....JJ Barea JT.

Raz likes this.
  11. Raz

Raz Member

Never heard of these people and have no idea what happened in 2011.

12. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Can we bring up treason charges on Steve Kerr for tripling down on small ball after it got boat-raced against both Lithuania and Germany, only to unleash it again and lose to Canada?????

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. The only thing I'm plssed about is Serbia losing. That would've been an awesome story.

Meanwhile the FIBA "All-Stars". Bascially an odd lineup of future, current, and non- stars of the NBA. Apparently it's the first time the NBA has gotten all 5 positions (which is understandable) :

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Congratulations to the champion, Germany! Kudos to former Rocket Dennis Schröder for stepping up and getting his well deserved MVP.

Looks like we have our own tiger by the tail in Dillon Brooks, who also stepped up when it mattered most, the key to defeating team USA and winning Canada's historic Bronze Medal. Any doubts I might have had about our Mr. Brooks have been swept away. Can't wait for the season to start!

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wish I had that 'one tournament swept away 2-3 years of data' magic bean.

Little Bit and Deckard like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

18. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

If I was the Orlando magic I would be looking at the World cup and seeing that they already have 2 valuable pieces of the World cup champion team Franz and Mo Wagner.
    I would be trading for Dennis Schroder and Theis. Then, try to sign Andreas Obst to complete the starting 5 of the Orlando German team Then they should sign Johannes Voightman and Isaac Bonga to come off the bench.Then fire current orlando coach and hire the german national team coach.
    Banchero, Fultz, Suggs, Johnathan Isaacs to also come off the bench to help contribute to the German push to being real world champions in the NBA. Oh I would have Joe Ingles as the bench cheer leader for the team.

19. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

You forgot to hire Dirk in whatever capacity.

20. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Let's not go too far, we don't want them having a dynasty.

AroundTheWorld likes this.