1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2023 NFL Draft/3-69] Tank Dell, WR, Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2023.

?

Do you like the selection of Tank Dell?

Poll closed Saturday at 8:42 PM.
  1. YES

93.8%
  2. NO

6.2%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Much like how every thread is a cleverly disguised DMo thread, every thread is also outright a Tank Dell thread.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I understand what you are trying to say, but the Mahomes comment doesn’t line up at all. You can’t use Mahomes (who currently plays for the team in the new city) that is like saying Derrick Henry is the best RB in Houston Oiler history… which is not the comparison.

This thing about early Campbell is more like saying “Kurt Warner is the best QB in LA rams history” which would be accurate.. or someone from the Baltimore colts being the best player in Indy Colts history.

I know we don’t like it and definitely don’t agree with it. And **** the Adams family for doing it. Just saying your Mahomes comparison is backwards compared to Campbell.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm all for players getting inventive to help motivate themselves and keep that chip on their shoulder...but did anyone actually say Tank wasn't going to ever be the same? I thought his broken leg was a pretty straightforward injury with no expected long term complications.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone said Earl was the best QB in Titans history, even though he never played in Tennessee. That's why I said that was like saying Mahomes was the best QB for the Dallas Texans. The Kansas City Chiefs used to be the Dallas Texans, but their owner moved them to Kansas City, I equated it with the Oilers moving to Tennessee.

clos4life and Blatz like this.
  5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Yes, but that’s only the same if Mahomes played for the Dallas Texans and not the Chiefs.

clos4life likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It might not be the same, but it's stupid to say that Earl Campbell, who never stepped foot in Tennessee was the greatest player to play for the Titans.

clos4life, Blatz and houstonstime like this.
  7. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I miss those days of Earl passing the rock to White shoes

GOATuve and deb4rockets like this.
  8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Agreed. 34 I still a historical number in Houston too.. because of Olajuwon, Nolan, AND earl.

clos4life, Blatz, Red.Glare and 2 others like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Carl landry 2.0

12. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

crazy. Hope he wasn’t hanging out in a place and at a time where this isn’t all that surprising.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Small arms fire isn't enough to take our a Tank.

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Sucks you can’t go home because people are jealous

Cstyle42 likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dude can’t catch a break. I hope he’s ok

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

What the ****

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...rant-in-seminole-county-sheriffs-office-says/

According to investigators, the incident began as a verbal altercation that escalated and resulted in a total of 10 people suffering non-life-threatening gunshot wounds, primarily to their lower extremities.

The shooter, identified Sunday afternoon as 16-year old Christopher Bouie Jr., was booked into a juvenile detention center, the sheriff’s office said.

Bouie faces charges of possession of a firearm by a minor, use and display of a firearm during a felony, firing a weapon in public property and attempted homicide, according to his arrest report.

News 6 is naming and showing Bouie due to the severity of the charges he faces.

Bouie’s arrest report describes the fight in greater detail, stating it was a fist fight that he was uninvolved in at the time he “turned around and pulled out a black and silver handgun (9mm) and began shooting towards a crowd of people.” The security guard who stopped Bouie was able to tackle the teen and disarm him “almost immediately” after he began shooting, according to the report.

Of the ten victims who arrived at the hospital with gunshot wounds from the incident, several have indicated they wish to prosecute, the report states.

A social media post made by Cabana Live states it had reserved the venue for a private event and that the shooting happened outside of the establishment, adding its employees were safe and the business was back open for normal working hours as it cooperates with the investigation.

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Well of course he was.. He's young

jch1911 likes this.
  18. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nah. That happened during the season and they were either in the playoffs or playing for berths.

That was crazy and I was so ashamed as a Houston sports fan that would happen in our city

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

20. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member