1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One of those minor points, that in reality is the main and whole point, effectively. There's literally nothing more you need to say about Trump than this to understand his success and competencies as a president and human being.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I like Susan Rice as well.

Kamala Harris has more "political" experience and the public may know her better than Rice. BTW there is no barrier between going from VP to USSC.

Rice lacks Harris's political experience, but also lacks Harris's political baggage.

As an aside ...

As background, my dad was born in The South in 1930. He was a creature of his environment. I say that not as an excuse but as an explanation.

I was about 10 years old (1970). My dad and I were driving around, running an errand. He was having a rant about "black people" (I am cleaning this up a bit). He was letting them have it with every stereotypical slur. As we were going along, we see a black man on the side of the road with a flat tire. We pull over. Help the the man get the tire into our trunk. Drive him to the closest gas station. Wait for the tire to get fix. Drive him back to his car. And help him get his tire back on and send him on his way.

I was smart enough as a 10 year old not to ask my dad why he did what did. But as an adult I did. My father said the man needed help, so we helped him. My take away was that my father hated "black people" but that was in the abstract. When confronted with a black man needing help, my father saw a man needing help.

I only bring this up wrt Kamala Harris. From running for President, many Americans now know her, so they may be able to look past her skin color. I suspect that something similar happened to Obama. By election day in 2008, many Americans knew Obama as the person he was and not some unknown black man.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Now let’s see if the protesters/ rioters/ looters actually come out to vote or will they be like Kaepernick and stay home.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are you going to retroactively give those people quality k-12 educations and stable home environments where they would be more politically informed and statisically prone to voting?

#765 fchowd0311, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Nope.

But if people want to burn down down cities in the name of change they should at least do some research on where the candidates stand on criminal justice reform, impact of 5-4 Supreme Court rulings, etc. I assume they have access to Wikipedia on their phones, no?

Honestly I don’t care who they vote for...just vote. It was more a shot a Kaepernick who is being lauded a hero this weekend but didn’t bother to vote.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you agree with MLK when he says "riots are the language of the unheard"?

You seem to only care about the symptoms than the root problems.

A lack of voting and politcal activism from people in thse communties is a symptom.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I normally don’t agree with sweet Lou on many things

But he’s contributing to Clutchfans and should be able to start threads whenever

what I feel is non paying cheapskates starting a bunch of threads with a troll agenda should be stopped

make people pay for the D&D and the debate will be more civil and the troll accounts will drop like a tree in the rainforest of the Michael Jackson earth song video

RayRay10, jiggyfly and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I thought you had to make a contribution to post, no?

Out of curiosity, how often do most tip the jar? I’m happy to contribute again...and again, if that’s the norm. It’s better than Starbucks!

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It has always been simple. Conservatives and Republicans believe that they tend to lose when overall turnout is high. That has been conventional wisdom for 50 years. Probably true, so they push the non-existent voter fraud theme period.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. glynch

I hope this is true.

FrontRunner likes this.
  13. glynch

14. glynch

He is willing to kill thousands if necessary to create the impression he has managed Covid properly.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. glynch

Batman Jones said:
    I freaking love Stacey Abrams, but I think she's a wild card. If Biden selects a woman of color, my first choice would be Susan Rice. Either way, I'd prefer to see Kamala Harris on the SC than on the ticket.

Hey Stacey, a Bloomberg favorite, seems like a good communicator and cheerful, but is hardly a progressive and only has experience as a state rep iirc. Sort of like a Black Beto, she is known primarily for losing a close state wide race.

Susan Rice is a killer neo-con like Dem and will waste major money starting wars, expanding non-productive world wide drone strikes or at least putting sanctions on countries that result in killing innocent civilians.

16. glynch

Sadly most of the big money Republicans and Fox and friends do not feel this way and are willing to risk anarchy or fascism to get their tax breaks.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

trump trying anything to deflect this to a campaign opportunity... amazingly, he believes the world is laughing at Democrats and Joe Biden about this.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

Interesting to see what "the world" is thinking about what's happening in the USA...

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Since trump is hiding in his white house, tweeting out gas to the flames of hatred, Joe Biden steps up...

20. shorerider

shorerider Member

Let's just hope he does better than what his past record reflects:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...minal-justice-war-on-drugs-mass-incarceration

Totally batsh#$t crazy as a Democrat he was calling out a Republican president out for not being tough enough on crime, and by his own words was advocating for an expansion of the police state.

With the rainbow colored glasses off, I'll just keep my fingers crossed he can keep the country from total disintegration. Everyone needs to get out and vote Biden in November. Even the Trump lovers - remember, country before self.

#780 shorerider, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.