1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

They won't replace him. I'll tell you that right now.

IF they did. IF. Huge IF.

The only answer is Andrew Yang,in my opinion. Andrew Yang would absolutely, utterly mop the floor with Trump. In this moment that the world is in right now, it would be a huge landslide.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I will be voting for Joe Biden.

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you think Trump will do well in a debate?

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wiping the floor with Trump is not a major accomplishment.

The only answer is Yang, it's not like he ever distinguished himself in the democratic debates.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Didn’t you watch the 2016 Republican primaries? 2016 Presidential debates?

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He wasn't given a chance to.

Obviously he's not the only answer, and that was meant in hyperbole. (Maybe not that obvious)

But he is far and away the best answer. Amazing how relevant his platform has become this quickly.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sure he will.

"If I hadn't intervened, if I had done nothing, so many more deaths.....the Spanish Flu of 1917" (actually, it started in 1918 and ended in 1920) "killed between 50 million and 100 million people. We have fewer than 200,000 dead. I consider that a badge of honor. Thanks to my heroic actions...."

Deckard, RayRay10, Nook and 2 others like this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

That's cool, didn't vote for him. Who is the best president in US history?

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly, he probably thinks that way.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You think he did well in those?

That explais a lot.

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I was aiming for reality.

He did say the other day he considers 1.5 million cases a badge of honor, that it shows how much we're testing. "Badge of honor + Trump." Google it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

Bro I think my four year old would do well in a Debate with Joe Biden. The **** won't be any fun, I don't want to watch a pummeling, I want to see someone with some ****ing sense present ideas to help Americans that are better than Trumps not just anti Trump. I wanna see someone that's fighting for their political life not some dude that thinks he's got it in the bag because of demographics. When did politicians stop putting the work in?

13. generalthade_03

Not only that, if he was a Republican, the word racist would be his middle name. Here is a few examples, there’s more out there.

https://www.laprogressive.com/vietnamese-refugees/
    https://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/27/oh-no-joe-the-indian-accent-comes-again/
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/201...ustice-democratic-primary-2020-explained.html

For those of you who are too lazy to click on the last link, in a nutshell: Joe Biden once called state-mandated school integration “the most racist concept you can come up with,” and Barack Obama “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean.” He was a staunch opponent of “forced busing” in the 1970s, and leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s. Uncle Joe has described African-American felons as “predators” too sociopathic to rehabilitate — and white supremacist senators as his friends.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  14. generalthade_03

Well enough to knock out all the Republican pretenders and most of all, sending Killary to the funny farm.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If anyone cannot beat this guy in a debate, they should not be allowed to be in politics:

"I tested very positively in another sense," Trump added. "I tested positively toward negative, right? So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."

"I had a meeting at the Pentagon with lots of generals -- they were like from a movie, better looking than Tom Cruise and stronger -- and I had more generals than I've ever seen."

"My intelligence people, if they said in fact that Iran is a wonderful kindergarten, I disagree with them a hundred percent."

"So, someday, with all of us -- this is all of us -- and those hats are beautiful, by the way. Someday."

"Look at the fact that we would have been powered by wind, which wouldn't have worked, by the way, because it only blows sometimes, and lots of problems come about."

Deckard, RayRay10, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  16. generalthade_03

Lol. Those are entertaining as hell. Love him or hate him, you can take it either ways. Biden is a different story, when you hear his gaffes, you don’t chuckle like when you hear Trump, but you will immediately think that Biden can not be serious, and then you realized he is serious and you’ll be like...WTF?

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So... you excuse the idiocy that comes out of Trump's mouth (and these are a small subset). You think he is joking when he says these things?

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

Hillary said deplorables but she meant losers. Sometimes in history, the losers win.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

The major difference between 2016 and 2020 is that Trump is no longer an unknown.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The debates certainly helped Trump during the 2016 Republican primaries. He succeeded by shocking people like Jeb Bush and then getting people like Rubio to come down to his level. If you look at the polling the general debates didn't help him and some of his lowest points in polling were following his debates with Clinton.

I said this going into the last debate between Clinton and Trump in 2016 and I think this still applies. Facing someone like Trump it's not best to get into the mud with him. As the saying goes, if you wrestle with a pig you will get dirty.. Especially for Biden. I don't think he has much to gain going insult for insult with Trump. I also don't think he's good at it. Some of his worst gaffes are when he's on the attack.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and dmoneybangbang like this.