1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I tend to think that, while this may move the needle a little with independents, none of this will matter to GOP voters.

They complain about cancel culture but every time a long-respected Republican comes out against Trump they’re immediately disowned and dishonored.

If John Bolton didn’t matter you can surely bet John Kasich won’t. The names you mentioned have already been tarred as RINO’s for life.

2. Batman Jones

I feel very confident he would have done this. I’ve told this story before but way back in 2004 Meghan McCain told me her father couldn’t endorse Kerry but that, once he was behind that curtain, he was definitely voting for him.

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well, given the relative support Fox usually gives him, I thought this was a pointed attack from their perspective.

And as far as him talking about ratings... he's re-instituted the daily briefings, in part, because he says it got great ratings...

No Worries, RayRay10 and Batman Jones like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not expecting Kasich to massively move the electorate but I think he could make a difference. Kasich isn't the same as John Bolton as Bolton was never elected and was always considered a prickly personality. Also Bolton is really only known as a war monger. Kasich has won several elections and is known for being both a fiscal and a social conservative. One thing that many might've forgotten is how socially conservative Kasich is. As such he can speak more to the issues of morals. He wouldn't speak to all Republicans but he might be able to make a dent in Evangelical support.

joshuaao, RayRay10 and T_Man like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He will talk about ratings again. He's claimed before he had the highest ratings when he didn't.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I really can't say that... Here's why...

My son played football in Arkansas and this couple that my wife and I met on the golf course in Arkansas basically took my son in like his own grandchild.... When my son had car issues not only did he make arrangements for my son at the repair shop he also helped him to drop his car off and pick it up. He has taken my kid to get groceries and also to dinner a couple of times....

Another guy that I very well, one of the nicest guys you can meet. We hang out all the time...

Neither one of these guys are prejudice...

So I can't say that ALL Trump people are racist and prejudice...

Now we never bring up Politics are Religion... But i do that with everyone....

T_Man

Jayzers_100 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. T_Man

I am a big Kasich fan....

I may not agree with all of his policies.. But I do agree with most...

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Conservatives are overly sensitive. My father will turn off a show, outside of South Park, if it makes one alt right joke.

That’s why there are no good conservative comics.

I couldn’t imagine @Commodore or @Bandwagoner doing a set at an open mic night. “Why did the priest cross the road?”

....“To go to church”.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I bet this will shock you... a new ad from trump, and it contains lies...

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

why are boycotts and cancellations largely the domain of the left? "Conservative boycotts" tend to run out of gas before they get started. Cancellations like Al Franken are largely done to avoid hypocrisy.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lack of morals. They can have no morals and be overly sensitive.

the left is full of b****es and cowards, I won’t deny that. I never voted for a Dem until 2016.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It really was. How anyone can support this man is a mystery to me.

Kudos to Chris Wallace. His father would be proud. Wallace didn't back down and you can see trump begin to sweat. The overwhelming majority of Fox "reporters" would have simply nodded and gone along with trump's lies. They are some of the "trump enablers" that Fox is filled with. Chris Wallace isn't one of them.

RayRay10 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't know which side you are describing here tbh

14. PeppermintCandy

Jeez, this is something you'd see on Better Call Saul, when Jimmy McGill was trying to scare senior citizens in retirement homes.

RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Because he's not allowed within 500 feet of the elementary school on this block?

RayRay10, Sweet Lou 4 2 and CCorn like this.
  16. Batman Jones

Prejudice and racism are very different things. And there are many ways to be racist. No one should mistake "micro-aggressions" to be small or "micro" in spite of the etymology. Few white people are prejudiced in the way you mean but all white people are racist in one way or another and we should all own that.

There are a million stories about people that are such good people except for their messed up beliefs. I used the exact same logic to defend such people when they'd fiercely argue "All Lives Matter" on my FB page in re: "Black Lives Matter." I can't in good conscience do that anymore. And really I don't think anybody should let such things go by in this time of reckoning on racial injustice, regardless of what I typically think of as an otherwise great policy of avoiding talking politics with most people. I think that going along to get along in this case makes me complicit and it makes me ashamed at how many times I've been complicit by doing this exact thing in the past. More recently, I walked aways from my dream project in order not to be complicit in this way. But you do you. I mean that completely sincerely.

17. NewRoxFan

A very clear and crisp statement by Biden. Though of course, you know trump will continue to lie...

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. T_Man

Respect and you do you....

But i cannot turn my back on a man who took care of my kid better than a lot of people would have...

Regardless of the color or who he voted for...

Appreciated...

T_Man

19. Batman Jones

I totally understand. It's a tough issue and we all need to do us. Respect back at you.

20. NewRoxFan

Who would have thought that throwing together in a less than two months a large convention that normally takes years to plan and execute would cause problems? And get the audacity and insanity of the trump/rnc spokesperson comparing it to a "football game"?

While to any other candidate might be sensitive to the needs (including law enforcement) of the people, we are talking about trump, and he really only thinks about himself, so I am sure trump won't care (and instead, attack the local police for not supporting him). And I suspect trump will be able to bring in lots of non-police protection anyway (such as unbadged military, border patrol, heavily armed white nationalists, etc).

We can't pull it off': Florida sheriff says he can't muster security for GOP convention
    There's a lack of clear plans, adequate funding and enough law enforcement officers, he says.

RayRay10 likes this.