1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Nice... communicates how broad his support is as the centrist candidate... and that he will be the President of the United States and all Americans (contrasting trump, who is the president of republicans and of red states).

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I disagree. Some people are just so brainwashed that they truly believe the left is the devil.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vote him out! He had his chance and blew it!!!

No Worries, Nook, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Very cool. I would of likely voted for John Kasich over Hillary in previous election.

RayRay10 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Same. I like that dude.

RayRay10 and ElPigto like this.
  6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Absolutely. I still remember watching the Republican nominee debates and after each one I came away thinking Kasich was the only one who sounded like a President. The rest of them we’re just whiny fools who wanted to make the others look bad.

ElPigto and RayRay10 like this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I mean yes, that's the overarching theme when I talk to Trump supporters. They are VERY VERY worked up about liberalism as defined by FoxNews and right wing Facebook, and ive straight up asked them "Are you okay giving Trump autocratic powers because liberals are that bad." and they are pretty open now that they think liberals are bad enough to warrant giving Trump dictatorial power.

I think that is issue #1, but white racial grievance is just interwoven into everything politically from a messaging and a propaganda standpoint, but the people who cultivate this electorate know that the base that watches Fox does NOT want to be called, or think of themselves as racists. But they 100% have white racial grievances.

So yeah... racist... no its not as important to them as the fear of scary liberals, but its a big part of the propaganda network's strategy.

This is why Biden is such a strong candidate.... its so hard to define Biden as "Antifa Leader Biden!!"

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a good move. Kasich has been the one consistent voice since 2015 opposing Trump in the GOP. It would surprise me to see Biden consider him for a position in his Admin.. Also I'm guessing Biden and him are friends going back to Kasich's days in the Senate.

If I was the Biden campaign I would be reaching out to other Republicans or former Republicans. I would be looking to people like Jeff Flake, Colin Powell and Bill Weld.

One person I'm very interested in is Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan. He's a Republican but since COVID-19 he's been very much at odds to Trump and has become a regular on MSNBC. He's someone that I could see leaving the party and playing a role in helping to defeat Trump.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He was one of those guys that represented my criteria of "the most qualified individual for the job".

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I've had Trump supporters tell me that Democrats are evil with no trace of exaggeration. These people believe that they are facing an existential threat from a hoard Liberalism and Trump is essentially Aragorn.

And yes, the term "Men of the West" fits with their worldview.

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Following up on my early post. Just wondering if John McCain had lived would he have joined or helped the Biden campaign? I think it would be very likely if he had lived he would've been the second GOP vote for removal from office. Consider he was already hated by Trump and his supporters that might've been enough to drive him out of the party. McCain probably wouldn't become a Democrat but an independent. Given his deep friendship with Biden and mutual loathing of Trump I could see him speaking at the DNC and supporting Biden.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Is Romney defecting as well? I know he has stood up for being a true Republican and not the garbage that Trump has created.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I haven't heard of Romney defecting. While Trump and his supporters hate him I don't get the feeling it's as visceral as the hatred they had for McCain. McCain's personality was also much sharper than Romney. I get the feeling Romney is fine being a Republican because he doesn't fit with the Democrats and isn't really bothered by the criticism.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A vote for Trump doesn't make you a racist, but it is a vote in support of racism.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

At church (Catholic) yesterday, the Priest was tying his research into Hitler into his sermon. He talked about the various names of white supremeists - KKK, Neo Nazi, skinheads - and a woman behind us muttered "democrats".

Nook, RayRay10 and Kim like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

she should’ve said racist, brainwashed, or unbelievably stupid...most Trump supporters fit into at least 1 of those categories...many fit into all 3

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

And not only believe him... many honestly believe he’s God’s man on earth.

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  18. Batman Jones

If you can’t agree that all Trump voters are racist, can you agree that they’re complicit in his racism and have decided they’re essentially okay with it?

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. Batman Jones

I don’t think they were aiming to embarrass him. If they had been they could have gone so much harder on him.

And after Mary Trump scored record ratings on Maddow it may be a while before we hear him talking about ratings again. Then again, he’s shameless so who knows.

RayRay10 likes this.