1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Jan 2, 2020.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

As voted, a thread on who I predict the #Texans are targeting with pick #40:

1. Marlon Davidson
    They'll love his versatility and tenacity. He slimmed down at the Senior Bowl and DOMINATED with violent hands and improved quickness. Also showed great power like in this bull rush. pic.twitter.com/ZljZtBOfad

— Texans Thoughts (@Texans_Thoughts) April 23, 2020

2. Terrell Lewis
    I would hate Lewis at 40 honestly, but he is the player we've met with the most. I see them being intrigued with his versatility and sky high potential. Needs lot of refinement to his pass rush as he was highly inconsistent, but his peaks are really impressive. pic.twitter.com/ITgFczbF20

3. Justin Madubuike
    We've met with him multiple times and he could be someone they want to fill DJ Reader's void. He's extremely inconsistent but has the potential to wreck havoc as an interior pass rusher. He shows flashes of violent hands and immense power. pic.twitter.com/qglsdqQjSn

4. Kenneth Murray
    We've also met with Murray a ton and could be looking for a B Mack replacement. He's raw with his instincts in the run and pass game but his elite athleticism gives him an absurd ceiling. He's also an amazing leader and the best interviewer apparently. pic.twitter.com/AVvIYLpiEP

5. Ashtyn Davis
    As much as I want Delpit, it's more realistic that Davis is there at 40. Davis reminds me so much of J Reid. He can play box, single high and some nickel. Pairing them together adds the potential of rotating safeties and never knowing who's playing where. pic.twitter.com/CayUe1zpxp

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I didn't pay too much attention to any draft potential players, but I predict BoB gonna draft someone and he's gonna describe him as "versatile", "team player" and " great potential".
    All dem trigger words to jerk off dem BoB defenders.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

This probably the least interested I've been in the draft. I sense the same with others on this board. I hope everyone is doing okay dealing with the Covid19 pandemic.

This team has gone through such a downward spiral since 24-0. This fan base needs some energy. I think the biggest positions of need are OLB and DT; but another DB and DE wouldn't hurt. But I'm hearing a lot about Baun, Espenesa, Blacklock, Davidson, and Delpit. Wouldn't mind seeing any of those. Obviously the big boss sees things differently so who knows. I'm expecting a guard or another tight end.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

You're posting less. Not even creating threads on who the Texans should/will take (like in years past). Thought Bob traded you too. ;)

mikol13 and red5rocket like this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I was going to say the same.

Where's the Clutchfans NFL Draft?

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

He tried but I haven't taken the physical yet.

Honestly, it's really hard to time out of life (work is busier and kids are home) and devote a lot of attention to this team. I post a little on twitter but that's about it. All the news and the trades make me even less interested. I'm hoping I'll have more reason to care by the time the season starts.

mikol13 and J.R. like this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

At this moment I would like for them to draft the best OG available at 40. For some reason I see them getting Madubuike. Which would be a good pick. I still want T. Johnson in the 3rd if he's still on the board. If they dont do OG at 40 then look to get one in the 4th. One of Bredeson, Stenberg. Throckmorton plus more should still be available. They could also look to go DB in the 4th. Players like Willie Gay, JR Reed or L'jarius Sneed should be still on the board.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

My bad. Is it too late to do it? Maybe we do it after the 1st round and use the players available in the poll.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I like Sternberg. Throckmorton will be around with our fifth. Potentially our seventh.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whoever drafts Jordan Love in the first really needs to draft Jalen Hurts later on. To, um, you know... make sure they have the QB position totally locked down, or something.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Probably won't get enough votes now lol just know you are appreciated

J.R. likes this.
  12. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

So you want to wait till the 4th round to fix this awful defense? Got it.

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Madubuike is who I’m hoping for, but I’m expecting something stupid to happen instead.

coachbadlee likes this.
  14. showa13

showa13 Member

Somewhat Non Texans related but rumor has it Eagles trying to use Andre Dillard to move up to go get Ceedee Lamb. Eagle fans seem very torn about Dillard

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well they are all very speedy guys capable of keeping up with fast receivers. Getting them in the 4th would be okay.

17. CallMeTheDream

Hearing billy bob thornton wants to trade up tonight lmao. Is Watson next? Find out next on the adventures of scooby doo

18. showa13

showa13 Member

Most teams have somewhat of a plan, I would bet the house the Texans are not that team

red5rocket likes this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

BoB always showing how desperate he is b4 making a move, while the other gms lick their lips, ready to take him out back to trade him once more.

U figure the dumb fk would learn his lesson already.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My guess is 40 and BMac for whatever first he can get and then use that to draft Blalock.

Then, you trade a first in two years to fill BMac's spot.

Just like O'Brien.

If that's what it comes to, I would have rather spent the money on Reader, easy.

Typical O'Brien.