1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Trade Speculation and/or Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Joe Joe, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I don’t think the Yankees have the prospect ammo or the need to acquire more than one starter. They’re not bumping both Happ and Sabathia from the rotation.

Here’s an off the cuff guess on who gets which SP:

Yankees: Bauer
    Rays: Wheeler, Stroman
    Red Sox: Cashner
    Astros: Ray
    Braves: Bumgarner
    Nats: Bailey
    Phillies: Syndergaard, Roark
    Padres: Leake, Boyd
    Cardinals: Vargas
    Rockies: Duffy

Twins, Brewers, Cubs, and Dodgers stand pat on their rotations.

2. Buck Turgidson

Bauer would be awesome. He's an *******, but he'd be *our* *******, much like Clemens.

msn likes this.
  3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

You are forgetting Clint Frazier. That's the one chip they have, including top 50 prospect, with other pieces. If they are willing to include him, our offers could be beat. That's their Kyle Tucker.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  4. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Frazier went back to Cleveland for Bauer straight up.

Rockets FTW and HTown2017Champs like this.
  5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

The Astros can't let that happen, they need to beat that offer or get a pitcher at equal or better than Bauer. Strike while the iron is hot.

Yankees getting Severino back w/ Bauer is formidable in a ALDS, especially when shifting starters to a bullpen that will be good.

I believe in Club Astros but the Yankees aren't a team I want in a 5 game series. Adding a Bauer to Verlander/Cole makes us the favorites.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  6. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

What I don’t understand is why would Cleveland trying to trade Bauer while they’re only 5.5 games behind Minnesota. They’re playing real well right now and just lost Carrasco for awhile. They need Bauer to get back in the race for AL Central. I believe the Indians will win the AL central. Just like I believe Boston will get into the playoff. The last WC spot till go to either Rays or Twins.

CVcrew likes this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Couldn’t agree more. I love the astros chances, but with the juiced ball and our 1-2 being fly ball pitchers I think the Yankees will be an even bet to take us out with no changes on either team. Surrendering Bauer to them without an equally awesome pitcher will make them the prohibitive favorite

everyday eddie likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Money, but if I were them I'd wait until the offseason unless they believe they'll get substantially more for him this July.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Petey Gammons on the radio said that the Stros are heavily involved in Stroman, likened their interest to their interest in Verlander in '17

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I like it but I still want Bauer in addition to him.

I'll add, even with the Gurriel explosion, try to see what the additional cost would be for Smoak (has had a down year) but could be additional insurance for later in season. I'd also inquire about Hudson or Phelps (Club Option for 2020) too in a bigger package.

#670 Rockets FTW, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    HTown2017Champs likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Astros don’t have that many prospects to trade.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Did he say he had a Peter tingle about what might happen?

chievous minniefield, Kim and msn like this.
  13. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

It would cost a good bit, but I'd be down.

14. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I have a feeling when the dust settles the Astros and Yankees won’t be playing each other until the ALCS.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Earliest Free Agent: 2022

I like Jacob deGrom as well.

16. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Syndergaard, Stroman, Ray, and Bauer seem to have value extremely close to what Cole’s was when Houston traded for him, so that package could be used as a gauge. One of Bukauskas/James, one of Fisher/Straw/Stubbs, one of Urquidy/Armenteros/Valdez/Perez, and one more 3rd tier prospect.

Including James, Fisher, Valdez, and a higher ceiling 4th prospect (Ronnie Dawson?) would provide some early returns for teams like the Mets, Snakes, and Indians, who are hoping to contend relatively soon. Hell, if James reaches his ceiling in the rotation, a team might be better this season by making that trade.

#676 Snake Diggit, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  17. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I could see a team taking that package on deadline day, I think if anyone is moved before that those teams will stick more to a top tier prospect in return

Good thing is with the division not really a worry we can easily wait it out

18. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Aside from our established stars + Yordan, I'd be willing to part with pretty much anything for Thor.

19. Screaming Fist

Thor has been pretty meh this year, so hopefully you could get him at a discount. He reminds me a lot of Cole when Houston acquired him.

20. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

They are pretty full up on corner outfielders so I don’t see them asking for Tucker. They need help with pitching, C, and CF. If I were BVW I would ask for Whitley but in the end accept a quantity package of James, Bukauskas, Straw, Urquidy, and Stubbs. Fill 4 immediate holes (C, CF, SP) and adds a high ceiling arm to their upper minors. Between that and what they get for Wheeler, Frazier, Ramos, and Vargas, they should be pretty good next season and in position to contend moving forward. Taking on Cano was monumentally stupid though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.