1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Texans Training Camp / Preseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jul 21, 2019.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's like one of those puzzles you have as a kid where one piece is missing and you have to rearrange them all using the one emprt space. Except the empty space is Watson, and he's moving. Boy is he moving. O'Brien just hasn't come close to solving the puzzle. Maybe one day he'll get frustrated, slam it down, and walk away. Or it'll just magically arrange itself.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. raining threes

Another Davenport caused injury.

I'm sure Miller and Henderson have a lot to talk about.

3. Buck Turgidson

That's Cal's job now.

4. raining threes

A fair criticism of BOB.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

All the injury prone guys back!

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Dressed or dressed and practicing?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Walk-through?

8. Buck Turgidson

Competing

gucci888 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL

Bill O'Brien on Andrew Luck retirement: 'I think it was a very courageous and tough decision I'm sure for Andrew to make. I don't know him that well, just from shaking his hand. Great competitor. On behalf of Texans, wish him best in next phase of life.'

Bill O'Brien on Lamar Miller torn ACL: 'We're going to miss him.'

Bill O'Brien on Matt Kalil, Keke Coutee: 'Headed in right direction.' Neither will play Thursday night.

Bill O'Brien on running back: 'We have a good situation.' Praises Duke Johnson, Taiwan Jones, Buddy Howell

Bill O'Brien said against Dallas play-action pass ball needed to come out sooner. On run play, backside not blocked as well it needed to be.

Tytus Howard (broken finger) will not play Thursday

Bill O'Brien on Duke Johnson knowledge of offense: 'Very smart guy, has picked it up really well. He's a very bright guy.'

Bill O'Brien on J.J. Watt dominance against Cowboys: 'He's playing really well. He's ready to go.'

Bill O'Brien said he didn't know when Kahale Warring (concussion protocol) would return. 'Doing best to manage it, hopefully back at some point.'

Bill O'Brien said he told the team this morning several examples of guys who played well in fourth preseason game and made the team or guys released by their team and signed to another team's 53-man roster

Bill O'Brien on Jadeveon Clowney and if he needed to show up this week to be ready for first game: 'I don't know. You would have to ask him.'

Bill O'Brien thinks NFL should televise joint practices and put that on television when asked if league should have two preseason games and more joint practices. 'Sounds good to me, but that's not anything where I'm going to be in decision-making process'

Bill O'Brien says veteran Bradley Roby has played well, sees improvement from rookie Lonnie Johnson Jr. as he continues to adapt to NFL

Bill O'Brien said he thinks A.J. McCarron (broken thumb) on track to be back for New Orleans game in season opener

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Lol the backside went completely unblocked. Davenport completely whiffed on his guy who became a heat seeking missile right to Miller’s knee. Injuries happen and hard blaming people on most of them, but that ones on Davenport IMO.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

If Warring is truly still in concussion protocol- he needs to call Andrew luck. If he can remember to.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

All on the coach imo. It’s more baffling when you consider that the Dallas defensive line is great and likely the best we will face until our obligatory playoff loss.

gucci888 likes this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Warring will be an IR stash.

15. raining threes

Is it BOB's fault Davenport got both Henderson/Miller hurt.

Davenport = Addition by subtraction. Unless you're a big fan of getting players hurt.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

I've been waiting for your answer for many days now, @Mr.Scarface

raining threes and gucci888 like this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Give it a week.

18. Two Sandwiches

Edit: double post. My bad

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans coach Bill O'Brien said he is 'hopeful' that Tytus Howard and Greg Mancz will be available for Saints game

Keke Coutee not looking likely for opener due to sprained ankle per Bill O'Brien

Bill O'Brien optimistic Zach Fulton will return to practice soon after sustaining turf toe

Bill O'Brien called Texans' Oct. 6 game against Falcons a must-win game. Texans to induct late Bob McNair into Ring of Honor on that day, which they're calling Founders Day

Bill O'Brien on the team: 'We've got a long way to go. We know what the ultimate goal. I believe in what we're doing. I believe in the players. I believe Bob (McNair) is smiling down on this room right now, seeing everyone supporting the McNair foundation.'

Bill O'Brien on McNair family: 'We have the best ownership in the NFL. It's an example that has been set to the top. This is the first luncheon without Bob McNair, and we all miss him.'

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...exans-chat-What-moves-are-coming-14381960.php

McClain:

-Can't be traded until he signs his tender; no need to sign it right now. He gets paid starting next week.

-I think they got a deal worked out with a team for a LT

-Trading for a WR? No. Signing Jay Ajayi? No. Working/worked out Ajayi? No.

-(Would a team at this point trade their starting LT for Clowney?) If they thought they had another one, they would. I think they've had a deal ready to go for weeks.

-(Clowney for Trent Williams? In the past, you said there's a trade for a LT already in the works) No. They're not going after Trent Williams.

-Another thing on Clowney, because they're no guarantee he'll sign with a new team, the new team can go through the same thing the Texans are going through. They don't want to pay him what he wants, franchise him, he doesn't show up and won't franchise him another year because it's QB money, the Texans might have to throw in something besides Clowney to get a LT like Tunsil.

-(Melvin Gordon?) No. Gordon wants a big new contract. He's had injury issues. They're not going after Gordon.

-(Why start Davenport against Dallas?) Jordan Thomas gave up the sack, not Davenport. Davenport is the only tackle on the team who has started on both sides. I think they put him out there to see him against better players because there's a good chance he'll get cut & wanted to give him one last chance.

-(How did we get to this point with Clowney?) He wanted to be paid like a premiere pass rusher, they didn't want to pay him like one because he's not.

Commodore and raining threes like this.