1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Dec 28, 2018.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

2nd for Boyd seems really high, thinking he’ll be a day 3 guy after his Senior Bowl performance. IMO Boyd is a guy teams will want to like and look at closely but ultimately the tape will be difficult to overcome.

raining threes likes this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Well what CB you think will be there. Amani Oruwariye?

3. gucci888

Think there is a good chance him, Love and Mullen will be available. Also seeing Michael Jackson in the 2nd here and there.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Also be sure to keep an eye out for Justin Layne. I think he has a chance to be better than any of the top CB's in this draft. Possibly the best.

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You mean the other pop icon, Michael Jordan, correct?

lol

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Big corner. Gaine is a height-weight-speed guy. Don’t know too much about him though.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Texanstradamus

I’m leaning more to corner in round 1 and OTs in round 2 with both picks

Dubious, Rudyc281 and coachbadlee like this.
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Agree, maybe Trayvon Mullen in the first and linemen at #55 and #56. But they probably would have you missing on Little, Ford, Taylor, Cajuste, Dillard, and Jonah Williams..... um , second thought get one of those guys first.

By the way, I spent the boring Super Bowl watching Trent Brown. He didn't look agile or aggressive, he just looked huge and he just went and was huge in front of his man. People didn't get around him or through him to make a tackle; Brady was barely touched in the playoffs so I guess he's for real.

#228 Dubious, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  9. raining threes

Depending on the talent available I'm picking an OT in the 1st (Gotta do a better job of protecting Watson.) Then trading up to the top of the 2nd, where a guy like Mullen or Sheffield should be available.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

The list of good CBs is shorter than the list of good tackles. You risk missing out on a good CB if you wait till 2-23. But obviously a lot can change between now and the draft.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. raining threes

Agreed, but I want the best OL they can find in both FA and the draft. Gotta protect Watson at all costs. There will be some good CB's there in the 2nd RD. Lonnie Johnson, Kendall Sheffield, Julian Love, Isiah Johnson, Savion Smith etc... are all good prospects and one or 2 of them should be available in the 2nd rd when the Texans are picking.

What I really hope happens is Trent Brown becomes a FA and signs with the Texans. I would pay top dollar for a young starting LT.

red5rocket likes this.
  12. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

a new name

23. Houston Texans: Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State
    Yo, Brian Gaine… offensive line no matter what, sir. We can’t have Deshaun Watson getting sacked 62 times in a season ever again. It was painful to watch, much less be the guy taking the hits. And we don’t need a project, we need a guy that can step in right away. Enter, Risner.

A four-year starter in college, Risner can play all 5 positions on the offensive line and has been incredibly consistent throughout his K-State career. While he has good mobility, Risner’s tenacity and technique as a blocker are what truly stand out. He is a punishing blocker with dominant play strength and the type of competitive mentality team’s are looking for in an offensive lineman.

coachbadlee and Wattafan like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

NFL.com 3 round mock

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-nfl-mock-draft-10-qb-for-patriots-in-round-3

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

16. gucci888

Risner's name has come up quite a bit, had a good showing Senior Bowl as well. We know the Texans like versatile lineman so can see them being interested.

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

No more Olineman from the Senior bowl jk

18. gucci888

Cody Ford and Greg Little falling to the 2nd/3rd are head scratchers. If things did fall this way, I'm all over Baker at #23, Little/Cajuste in the 2nd, and Damien Harris in the 3rd.

raining threes and red5rocket like this.
  19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would prefer not to see Risner at left tackle. Not the quickest kick slide I've ever seen. I think hes going to have issues with super quick NFL edge rushers. Right tackle or guard? Sure.

He's kind of a chonk. Guard in super straight ahead power running offense seems like his sweet spot.

Rudyc281 and red5rocket like this.
  20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

BIG FACTS.

(1st)Deandre Baker
    (2nd)Greg Little
    Rock Ya-Sin/Julian Love
    (3rd) Damien Harris

I'd rather get two corners early. Then I'd be ok with Damien Harris in the 3rd

gucci888 likes this.