1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 WCF

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HtownTrill, Jul 23, 2017.

1. stefanb

stefanb Member

I remember when clutchfans was a classy place. Much more enjoyable forum when the chuck wagon was our starting center.

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Happy times.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

In reality this season doesn't really matter. It usually takes 1 season of meshing before it comes good. If we get Paul, Harden and Melo, it sets us up for a good free agency next offseason and a great 2018-19 season.

It would be nice to win it all this year, but I'm not counting on this being as good as next year. Melo is also in really good shape, and the way he plays doesn't really rely on him staying young. It's a nice big 3 for quite some time if it happens.

Melo is also taking far to long to get here to develop chemistry with Paul and Harden which further lessons my expectations of this season, and I'm sure it's doing Morey's head in because he also is well aware of it.

That being said, this is still a good team even without Melo, and with Melo it is a real contender against the Warriors. People say it's the best backcourt in the league -- wrong, it's by far the best back court in the league. And then you still have Melo. You'll be surprised what having those three alone will do.

P.S. The people who say we gave up too much for Paul aren't very bright. You don't just assess the players in the deal; you also assess the extra players you pick up after the deal -- both free agents now and then free agents in years to come that now find Houston an attractive destination. It was a great deal for the Rockets and the internet is super-dumb.

#23 RestHarden, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I came in here ready to throw dine....!!!!!!

I am disappoint

Daddy Long Legs and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. VanityHalfBlack

Hey OP, thoughts on Chocolate Labs?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

This may be the greatest thread ever in this subforum.

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! I agreed with you until you said @red5rocket was a great poster smh

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

10. rockpileindisma

Hell no I don't wanna wake up to this ****. **** you OP. Don't ever say **** to me

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No thanks. RealGM mods inject their opinion into the moderation way too much. The mods here probably rarely agree with what I report, and that's a good thing. People shouldn't get banned or reprimanded JUST because 1 or 2 people reported it or hate it. There's a policy and that's been consistent for every since I've been here.

Obviously, the proof is in the pudding. The quality of POSTERS here is tremendous compared to any other board. You will never find, on a single team board, the quantity of cap, tactical, fitness and insider experts as we have on this board. That doesn't just happen by luck. That's a result of a more evolved form of moderation and great policies. In fact, it is what is keeping this board from being lost to Twitter or Facebook - whereas other forums are bleeding members to social media. The fact that some morons show up each summer and get to make fools of themselves - that's irritating, but I like that they get to do it. And when they cross the line, they're gone.

Killatron 2000 and justtxyank like this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

OP thinks he's slick changing the thread title.

For anyone that missed last night, this is the original controversial thread title that sparked outrage

[​IMG]

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Mr. Motiejunas is done here. @HtownTrill gets a week off for the original thread title.

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

16. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

[​IMG]