1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018 Playoffs] (2)Golden State vs (7)San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Harrisment, Apr 11, 2018.

?

(2)Golden State vs. (7)San Antonio

Poll closed Apr 15, 2018.
  1. Warriors in 4

27 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Warriors in 5

39 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Warriors in 6

48 vote(s)
    32.9%
  4. Warriors in 7

7 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Spurs in 4

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Spurs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Spurs in 6

13 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. Spurs in 7

7 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Mr. Space City

kawhi watching the playoffs like

[​IMG]

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Warriors in six. I think the Spurs get frisky and take Games 3 & 4 at home, but they just don't have enough to knock off an unmotivated and injured Warriors team.

Out of the 7 other Western Conference playoff teams, Golden State probably got the best matchup they could ask for in the first round

3. jayland

jayland Member

Warriors with the sweep baring a miracle Kawhi return. Maybe in 5 if they have an off game for one of the Spur's home game. Warriors will just swarm and double team Aldridge every time he touches the ball and the Spurs will be hard pressed to find enough offense elsewhere. A repeat of last year's playoff.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's go to 7........baby.

Spurs are fair game.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

I'm rooting for Patty Mill

hakeem94 and mfastx like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Quinn Cook, the Mini me!

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

across the board the west matchups really could not have been more to silver's liking

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Game 1: Sat. April 14 San Antonio at Golden State, 2:00 pm, ABC
    Game 2: Mon. April 16 San Antonio at Golden State, 9:30 pm, TNT
    Game 3: Thu. April 19 Golden State at San Antonio, 8:30 pm, TNT
    Game 4: Sun. April 22 Golden State at San Antonio, 2:30 pm, ABC
    Game 5* Tue. April 24 San Antonio at Golden State
    Game 6* Thu. April 26 Golden State at San Antonio
    Game 7* Sat. April 28 San Antonio at Golden State, TNT

Fantasma Negro and jeffvangundy like this.
  9. jbasket

jbasket Member

Warriors in 3

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't know. The Warriors will win, but everyone is acting like this is a sweep or 5-game knockout. The Spurs played way better down the stretch than Golden State. San Antonio is used to playing without Kawhi, so this isn't like last year when they could never recover from Zaza taking him out in Game 1. They have Parker this time around(although he is 97 years old). And the Warriors are missing Curry and the rest of the roster is really banged up.

It all comes down to two things. First, was the awful play of the Warriors in the last few weeks because they were bored or coasting or are they legitimately this mediocre sans Curry? And second, can the Spurs manage to steal one of the first two games at Oracle? If it's the latter on the first question and if the Spurs can get a split in Oakland, then this could be a tough series for Golden State.

Right now, I say Warriors in 6.

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

if kawhi, plays, SA has a chance, otherwise, it's a sweep, spurs just doesn't have enough to offer

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Not sure about this one... without Curry. This might be harder than people think. Warriors have been getting blown out of late.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  13. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

If Patty Mills can undercut Durant like he did to PJ Tucker, Spurs will win the series.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

GSW runs that set offense so they won't be trying to take advantage of slow-footed Gasol and bum knee LMA using ISO.

Who is going to guard LMA by the way? He pretty much dominated every game they played his year.

Gasol and LMA are going to feast on all the boards too.

This might be a closer series than we think (at least I hope so)... The season series is 3-1 GSW, but we all know Pop tanked one of those games playing the children in winning time and leaving Kyle Anderson on KD island for 10 straight points.

Full Disclosure: Quinn Cook and Nick Young were starters in the only Spurs win of the season.. Don't pay attention to that though...

#34 DreamShook, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    hakeem94 and BigMaloe like this.
  15. omgTHEpotential

Warriors in 5, unless Kawhi appears. And I'm being generous here.

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The warriors, and their entire offensive system, are not the same without curry. They just don’t have the spacing needed.

Draymond, besides not being nearly as good as in past years, is noticeably worse as a passer without curry out there. He try’s to force passes he’s used to being able to make but he just can’t because the spacing is gone.

The warriors biggest weakness, always has been, is the 5 spot and in the interior. This is where the spurs live. They will not be able to contain Aldridge and Gasol. And while typically playing them together hurts you defensively, it doesn’t in this matchup because outside of the star players gsw has no outside shooting.

Pau and LaMarcus are going to dominate the boards, something gsw isn’t great at anyways, and draymond playing the 5 all game in a “death lineup” won’t be their saving grace.

Couple all that with pops being the superior coach, having a superior game plan, and having players who are very good at running the system defense they employ will slow down the gsw a lot.

While sayin all of this, I think it’s clear gsw will take the series. But to brush it off as some kind of sweep? Or a gentleman’s sweep? I don’t think so...

I predict warriors in 6 hard fought games and can see it going 7.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  17. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Coaching alone will win some games for SA. Kerr is not a great coach. He just has a stacked roster that anyone can win with.

Harrisment and BigShasta like this.
  18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Same. All we can hope for is a warriors injury from this "series"

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

Spurs in 6 with GS's injuries the spurs have a chance to take them out.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I specifically remember Javale McGee locking Aldridge the F down in the game a month ago. He blocked him 4 or 5 times.

DreamShook likes this.