1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018 Movie] A Quiet Place

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Apr 9, 2018.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I saw it this past weekend with my neighbors and my son.

My wife was pissed cause apparently he was too young for this type of flick.... he's 8 (my friends kids are 10 & 13) and I didn't think it had much gore for him to be scared or have nightmares. She thought differently.

He even knew a reference to them looking like demigorgons from Stranger Things, even though he had never watched the series.

All in all we enjoyed the movie overall. It was just different from the norm even with alien invasions being involved.

#41 FLASH21, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Kind of an awkward movie to sit with your family and your neighbor and their family.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good movie to watch solo? :cool:

Caesar likes this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Nah, we were talking the entire time.

It was cool.

Caesar likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Finally watched this, delay mostly due to my wife also not liking horror, especially where kids are endangered. She's solid on everything else I like so we have plenty to watch- action, sci-fi/fantasy, humor, etc.

This was a great movie. One of the rare movies where jump scares are actually valid, in a world where you have to be silent. They weren't overdone, either.

I have my gripes about how the hell the world got to this place with the aliens, but it's all been said so I'll keep it at that.

The only other complaint I had was the lack of some sort of quiet room before the baby was born. How did that not happen right away? Kids are loud. And the kid getting snatched at the beginning. Just some common sense ****. I would have also tried to trap the aliens in pits. Maybe that had been tried and was in the newspapers.

Overall, I can see why it was a hit. It's a chick flick at it's heart- mother has to give birth alone, separated from her partner, in a scary old house in a super dangerous situation. That's a worst nightmare for a lot of women.

Anyway, starting on part 2. I'm intrigued by the aliens.

#45 Xerobull, Aug 27, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Part 4 is the best surprisingly

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

yeah love this movie. When the dad sacrifices himself it makes the waterworks flow

Buck Turgidson likes this.