1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2018 Astros Minor League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Nov 12, 2017.

1. prospecthugger

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I guess we just have a difference of opinion on Tony Kemp. You assume what he is doing isn't sustainable, and I see nothing about it that isn't sustainable.

He's a good hitter, he's always been a good hitter, and nothing in his statistical profile is suggesting luck. Pitchers already know he's not a significant power threat, he's still walking, hitting a ton of line drives, and using his speed to get some infield hits, all while not striking out. I see no reason to think he can't continue to maintain a .360 OBP.

3. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Holy ****ing ****. Are you ****ing dense, a troll, or are you just not reading? HE SAW THE 40 GRADE FOR SPRINGER ON FANGRAPHS. He used that as a basis to tell me my current rankings (based on mlb.com scale) were ridiculous. If you can’t see how that’s inarguably wrong and stupid then we can keep going back and forth, I’ve got the time. You reciting the mlb.com grading scale definition in no way justifies the point he was trying to make. I’ve addressed this in previous comments. You can argue that the mlb.com grades don’t jibe with their grade definitions, and that they’re too high, but that is irrelevant to the original comment xcrunner made about my grades, because he was basing his comment on a muddy combination of Fangraphs and mlb.com rankings, not the scale I used. Like I said, if you want to continue to try to defend his comment, or pose like you have some insight I’m not seeing, or just piss me off and derail the thread, I’m cool with that; I’ve got the time today and will continue to respond, **** it.

4. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clearly this debate needs to carry on for several more pages. Much more interesting than the tireless drivel of discussing how our prospects are ACTUALLY doing.

Please continue.

5. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

I never thought people could get so empassioned over prospect ratings to the point of name calling, but here we are.

crose likes this.
  6. prospecthugger

So... how about Yefri Carillo? 300k signing was hitless in his first 6 games, since then he's gone 16-36 with 5 2B, 2 3B, 1 HR with 5 BB to 7Ks. When he was signed he was described as a plus runner, plus fielder, with a 70 arm. He's got to be getting himself into 40FV territory one to watch this season.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  7. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But what is his MLB.com rating?

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

9. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

And if you are right then he's decent as a 9 hitter or quasi utility guy. I hope you are correct. I'm betting the under, but hoping for the best.

10. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

This used to be a great thread

Thanks for trying Tellit but might have to give it a week or so of not reading and see if it gets back

11. Progs

Progs Member

I just think the way our prospects are performing this year, the Astros have a Top 10 farm system again. Amazing with all the trades we made these past few years.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Snake Diggit likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

I'm fairly certain that the Yankees have no idea what they want 2 years from now.

tellitlikeitis likes this.
  14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

J.J. Matijevic just hit a solo homer for Buies Creek. He now has 6 in the Carolina League and 9 on the year.

crose, texans1095 and Snake Diggit like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

He is absolutely not a 45, definitely not a 55, he's more of a 47.

16. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

He's at 1B tonight

Snake Diggit likes this.
  17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. prospecthugger

Enmanuel Valdez went 3-5 with 3 doubles today. His start to the year feels a bit like what Toro did last year.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Tucker is on a tear with 2 hits so far today. Batting almost 0.500 in last 11 days.

20. Hemo_jr

Hemo_jr Member

Make that 3 for 3.

Joe Joe and HTown2017Champs like this.