1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018-2019] Oklahoma City Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

LOL. Anyone who puts up some kind of convoluted stat is now in mvp considerations all of a sudden..

Come get you some triple double y'all...we give you MVP!.

Get out of here. lol

hakeem94, Nook and ramotadab like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I cannot believe OKC is the 8th seed with one of the Hardest Schedules in the league to go with no cap room.

Remember when Presti said, Scared money don't make none?

oh boy.

BigShasta, hakeem94 and Blurr#7 like this.
  3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yeah I am loving it again. They might end up with a worse record and seed than last year.

DreamShook likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz...without playing and Utah losing, OKC just went from 8th seed to 5th, I guess because they hold the 4-team tiebreaker.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Utah has such an easy schedule, they shouldn't be losing at all. OKC has Raptors in Toronto next, lol.

6. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I love the idea of OKC staying in 8th and possibly playing GSW. Basketball gods please make it happen!

7. jowman

jowman Member

They could be an 8th seed when playoffs start. Crazy. Most likely end up 7th though cause they look like that team that has another gear that they aren’t playing to, and I doubt they want to face warriors in first round.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's amazing where we are now. These guys were on fire to begin the season. They were playing so well, this thread was abandoned indefinitely. They are in a nose dive. r/Thunder has been a fun read.

Every thing Presti has done, mainly stealing Moriey's ideas, has backfired.

Deuce, BigShasta and Vivi like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

OKC is pretty garbage

How do u lose to that Dallas squad at home. They’re record is a pretty decent margin below .500 since the ASB.

MVP Russ got some explaining to do

Remember when PG for MVP was actually a thing? LMAO

Deuce, BigShasta and arabrocket like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The crazy thing is: I dont think Media realizes OKC is in the 8th seed. PG is still considered third for MVP. Media was saying OKC was the team that was going to beat GSW as early as last week.

Deuce and Reeko like this.
  11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

$61M in luxury tax payments this year. $16M over the threshold next year, before anyone is signed, for a bill of $50M for 10 players. All that gets them is another 1st round exit.

Roberson’s contract is $10M, but expires after next year so they may be able to move it to clear some salary. Patterson probably opts in to his option for $5M+, but they might be able to move it as well. After that, Adams ($25M), Schroeder($15M), and Grant($9M) still have 2 years after next year and will be tough to move.

They probably won’t do this, but I’d seriously go to the Lakers after the season with an offer of Westbrook for Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball (+pieces) and see if they bite. Westbrook’s shelf life isn’t long and the Lakers are desperate for stars, especially if they strike out on AD.

xtruroyaltyx, DreamShook and Vivi like this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

OKC will trade PG before they trade Westbrook.

As much as I love House, if OKC comes to the Rockets with some sort of a PG for House trade offer, I would seriously consider it.

luckyman76 and RayRay10 like this.
  13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Oh, no doubt. OKC fans would abandon the team if they dealt Westbrook at this point.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If I were an OKC fan I would be very frustrated.
    What the hell has changed with them

I think their coach should be fired at the end of the season

Rocket River

luckyman76 likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like Melo wasn't the problem for them afterall...

Of course you do, would you even think about that? Lol

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yes I would seriously think about it.

As good as House is, and has yet to reach his full potential, which could very well be unlimited for all anyone knows, we are in a win now mode. And I think PG might be a slightly better fit at this point.

Sometimes you have to take calculated risks even if in this case means giving away a player like House.

Vivi likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

:D

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Brodie could not stand PG13 getting respect over him and he abandoned the efficiency and passing he had maintained for many of the earlier parts of the season and began chucking after it was already known his shot and FTs had cratered. The games that I saw it appeared the team would get frustrated and lose a lot of that D intensity like we do and got stagnant and they don't have a Harden to turn things around. When they go down, they go down.

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Coach definitely sucks and has no balls when it comes to Brodie. As maddening as it may sound, that team may be better with Shroeder playing with PG13 and having Brodie play more of a EGo 6th man role where he can beast on a 2nd unit and be himself and still get ridiculous stats. They so desperately want him to still have those triple doubles and it just reminds me of Cousins in Sac and Love and Rubio in Minny with stat padding in losses. They are just empty stats.

Bearded13 and vlaurelio like this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not. House is not even in the same stratosphere as Paul George. PG is a freaking All-Star, and one of the best 2 way players in the league. The guy deserves every bit of his max contract. It's completely asinine to think that WE would be the ones to "think" about that trade. If Presti offered us Paul George for Danuel House, Morey would be on a plane to OKC to hand deliver the signed paperwork before the phone call was even over. Come on, bruh.