1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LOL WOT? So, youre saying ricky smits is the only non homo in the room? Ill fight you man. ricky is the gayest one of them all.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Methinks you missed the analogy

3. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly if you look at O'Brien's face, he may very well be smiling while he texting.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lol plot twist. It's a male stripper coming in and Rick Smith def showed his rainbow colors.

donkeypunch likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The more I've thought about it, the more he really does seem like a Texans type draft pick. Watson is a good guy from South Carolina that loves his momma, you know Bob McNair loves that. Also the Texans are the team that least embraces analytics in Houston so it makes sense that they might not care what some of those systems have to say about him.

That said, the Texans have absolutely nailed their 1st round picks the past 9 years or so and that kind of success suggests that it's very possible that they'll make it 10 in a row this season which would be VERY good for the team going forward.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Except obrien said all of that about osweiler

RasaqBoi and Bobbythegreat like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Coming around on Watson?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Exactly!

:)

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Doing my best to. If nothing else, he'll add a dimension to the offense with his ability to scramble assuming we don't get him killed by not giving him a starting caliber RT and like I said, the Texans haven't picked a turd in the 1st round since Okoye in 2007 so they deserve the benefit of the doubt as does the kid.

RasaqBoi, zeeshan2 and houstonstime like this.
  10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I don't think I ever worried about BTG coming around on Watson, I like his stuff because it stems from a support for the team first.. He found ways to back Mallet when everyone hated him, same with Osweiler. I'm not saying he was always right, but its fun to watch him argue with people who would rather tank/blow up NRG/start over... I am overwhelmingly homer for this team and will see the good in the picks before the bad hence I agree with a lot of what he says.. As soon as Watson takes the field, good game or bad, I bet Bobby will have a reason to like him.

I myself just trust our dominance of first round picks. And if you asked ANYONE if we wanted and could get Watson last year at this time without tanking they would beg you for it. Well here he is, cost you a 1st... And IMHO, that was more worth it than tanking.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Sure you can. A bunch of football guys who aren't overly emotional people. BO'B is looking at his phone, likely texting Watson. It's a still. What happened in the next frame?

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He didn't support Hoyer or Savage.

14. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

O'Brien doesn't strike me as someone who would get too excited over a draft pick. He is kind of surly.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And Mallet and Hoyer. Houston should be excited about these QBs.

16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

If you saw it live (I did) - NO ONE was smiling. Rick broke out the big pearly whites when it looked like he realized he was on TV.

Keep in mind, tin-foil hat guys: the Texans reportedly had this deal in place a while (perhaps as far back as the Brock trade) - it wasn't an emotional, spur-of-the-moment deal so the celebrating could have likely happened days, weeks, even months ago.

17. Hey Now!

Would it be "concerning" if you wanted Brady but had to "settle" for Manning?...

It's concerning if Watson was, "I guess so... (shrug)" Not so much if it's, "I liked Mahomes a little bit more but still loved the ever-living **** out of Watson."

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Exactly, what the hell is he supposed to say? "He wasnt my first choice, I wanted the Tech kid" or "I flat out hate the pick"?

19. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

BTG,

No way for this not to come off sounding like a slight but when you're not trying to hammer a point home I rather enjoy your insight. Of course my opinion doesn't matter. Im just a dude that rarely posts.

Red.Glare likes this.
  20. Hey Now!

You're having a rough day - he's from Georgia. Born and raised through high school. Obviously lived in SC for three years during college - but, no - he's a Georgia boy.