1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

To those that don't like the deal, what would you have preferred right after KC went up and got Mahomes?

Sit tight at #25 and get who? Cam Robinson? The same Cam who couldn't get picked in the 1st round? "At least they would have kept their 1st round pick". That 1st round pick that could be in the mid to high 20s (fingers crossed) again? Then they'll be in the same position looking to trade up for a QB and they'll have to give up at least another 1st round pick? Those QBs are going to come out having flaws just like all the QBs in this year's draft. Why wait a year to take the same gamble that might cost you even more picks?

Astrodome and Hey Now! like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

From tony Pauline:

- Several years ago I wrote a story on the Houston Texans having two cards filled out the night they made Jadeveon Clowney the first pick of the 2014 draft. The other card had the name of Blake Bortles on it.

I’m wondering if we’ll ever learn the real story as to what happened in the Texans war room last night.

Unlike the handshakes, hugs and backslapping that went on in other war rooms, many in Houston looked as though they had just awoken on Christmas morning and found no presents under the tree after it was announced the team traded up and selected quarterback Deshaun Watson.

Watching the stone-faced expression on the face of head coach Bill O’Brien and the subdued attitude of those sitting at their desks made me and others I was with feel something was not right.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Here we gooooooooo again. Interesting!

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Nope. BOB never met Watson and wasn't involved in the decision to draft him. Didn't you see his body language in the war room?!?... Come on, sheeple - it's obvious the Texans will have a new head coach next year. They're all just biding their time.

Fact.

texans1095 and Sooty like this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

don't put that bad Randy juju on DeShaun!

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If he turns out he is good he will be Bob pick. If he sucks he will be rick smiths guy. BOB is so shady. At least Kubiak seemed to be willing to shoulder his decision.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lance Z did make it seem like Rick Smith has full control on this draft & most feel this is OB last year unless he does some miracle job.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Did this joker write an entire blurb off of one picture taken at a precise moment in time, or is there more evidence out there that BOB wasn't thrilled with the selection? Also, if you're going to base everything you know about BOB based on his demeanor, then you'd think he was about 3 seconds away from flinging himself off a bridge at all times. How unbelievably ridiculous.

9. Fantasma Negro

10. Buck Turgidson

The Texans war room was shocked and in disbelief when ESPN announced the trade and pick. It just blindsided them and their reactions are proof!

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I'm not even sure where to begin looking, but I swear there were people on here ready to tank last season so we could have the first overall pick and be low enough to get Watson. Am I crazy? Or does anyone else remember seeing those types of posts? Pretty amazing no one thought we could get him last year and now we traded up and get him and its nuts lol. I remember seeing him 2 years ago in college and thinking damn we have no chance unless we tank this year and he ended up falling.. Still not sure it will work out, but pretty crazy anyways.

BigM and Nimo like this.
  12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Every time Pancakes asks a question at this press conference I roll my eyes so violently that I fear I may be in danger of seriously damaging them.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. Fantasma Negro

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

The media here hates on BOB so hard. U can tell he wants to kill these reporters lol

texans1095 likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#335 zeeshan2, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  16. Hey Now!

Exactly. And BTW, here's a cap of McShay's way-too-early mock draft for this year, posted immediately after last year's draft - anyone recognize his top overall pick? And I'm sure a lot of us were, "Tank! Grab Kaaya!" He been picked yet?

[​IMG]

Nimo likes this.
  17. Hey Now!

Quick question - how many stories has Lance Z broken on the Texans? He seems fairly connected around the NFL... I don't sense he's fairly connected with the Texans.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree. I'm not sure either.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah..... look at his #2 pick.

Honestly I am fine with the Texans trading up for Watson IF Watson was the #1 QB on the board for BOB. I am a lot more iffy if BOB wanted Mahomes and settled for Watson.