1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Not mad about moving up in the draft and grabbing a QB that they believe in, but it has essentially cost 2 first and 2 second rounders to draft Watson when they had the opportunity to draft Carr or Garopollo with their second round pick a few seasons ago. Jeez.

mario_v likes this.
  2. Mr. Space City

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Plus they wasted 3 seasons of good defenses and 2 years of Watt's prime (perhaps an MVP).

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Like as a person? I like him just fine, he seems to be another Texans pick who is a "good guy", I'm just worried about him not being a good NFL caliber QB due to the shortcomings in his game when it comes to pass velocity, pass accuracy, and inability to read defenses. I'm pulling for him though no different than I was for Osweiler, or Hoyer, or Mallett, or FItz, or Schaub.

5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Yes, that has bothered me for such a long time that we let Carr pass when the cost was only a 2nd round pick. Even now, given the option of trading all these 1st round picks for Watson or Garoppolo, I would have gone with Garoppolo.

Oh well, the die has been cast. Let the chips fall where they may.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

@Canadiandude

People want to forget that Carr was horrible his first year. The Raiders were so bad they were able to be patient with him. The Texans weren't in that position. Jimmy G has played less than 3 regular season games. Even Brock looked good for a few games. As we dog them for horrible QB play, shouldn't we give them credit for the 3 seasons of good defenses and Watt that you're referring to?

houstonstime likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

naw.. I think Houston fans are trying to ignore his tweets.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Couldn't resist huh?
    LOL

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

#3 Savage
    #4 Watson
    #5 Weeden

10. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

We picked up XSF, an offensive lineman with that 2nd pick, so why should that pick be credited for our defensive play? After Schaub's Picked 6 meltdown season, we settled for a "value" pick in the 4th round with Savage to address our biggest need. And Carr's first season wasn't horrible. Not sure where you're getting that. 3k passing yards with 21 TDs to 12 INTs for a rookie QB is not anywhere near horrible. The Raiders finished his rookie season knowing they had a QB they could build their franchise around.

mario_v likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I like it if it is a make or break move for Rick Smith.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Like they said during the draft, you don't trade a 1st and jump up in the draft to sit a player on the bench.

red5rocket likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think it's make or break for GM and coach.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great but we need a QB for this year too, a good veteran.

DD

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This was McNair's move, but if Watson fails then he needs two scapegoats so both O'Brien and Smith will be fired.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

2 ways he plays this year.

Savage gets hurt / Savage literally falls apart n team needs a change.

I see option A happening.

17. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Everyone is claiming either side of the extreme. Some think hes going to be Michael Vick and others think hes going to be Brock Jr. Why cant he be in the middle and our version of Bridgewater or Dalton? Neither are GOATs but they wont cost you games.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

His accuracy isn't bad... It's one of his strengths. His lack of velocity scares me a bit, but he can still throw a nice deep ball and he has good touch on his passes, resulting in catchable balls. I like that he's a hard worker and he is dedicated to the game.

I'm thinking that his success will based on the coaching he receives. If Obrien is who he thinks he is, then Watson should turn out to be well worth the trade up. If Watson sucks... Then Obrien is a massive fraud.

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Why do people think he's an automatic 'draft-and-stash'? If Dak could do what he did last year, why couldn't Deshaun?

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

You can't look at just one pick but the big picture. I admit they botched the XSF pick, my point was that they have done some things right in the past few years. Sorry, I meant horrible as in the team's record. The Raiders picked a QB in the 2nd round last year. They had their questions about Care coming into this season.