1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by samtaylor, Mar 16, 2017.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Gonzaga coasted through the reg season and had the easiest draw in the tourney I've ever seen. Fully expect UNC to expose them tonight and take the W.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Had to post it. ESPN home page showing hot North Carolina girls getting pumped compared to ugly redneck Gonzaga girls on their cruddy outdoor sofa about to go into the Kennel, lol. The kennel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Poloshirtbandit

Gonzaga's tourney path was similar to UNC last year.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

This game is so bad; 8 min to go still. Refs have been atrocious

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

do college refs just look for ways to ruin games? luckily one of the better "ball don't lie" scenarios ever played out there so that the flagrant on gonzaga didn't cost them anything but the 4th foul on that guy. but seriously? a guy gets stripped and predictably his hand, which is going to flail pretty much just from the momentum of the strip, hits the guys face which is about 6 inches away and the refs call a potentially game-changing flagrant? lucky for them they didn't swing it much there. college refs are just so infuriating.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  6. francis 4 prez

is gonzaga's streak of shooting a better FG% than their opponents still alive? would seem to be in danger with them shooting 3/19 in the this half.

and with 8 turnovers. and somehow only down 2.

7. francis 4 prez

doesn't cbb have replay? wasn't meeks hand out of bounds while he was sitting on the ball?

DaDakota and hieuytran like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

Awkward game. No real pulse to it. But still fun. Glad to see UNC win it and totally redeem themselves.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Meeks was Out Of BOUNDS on that loose ball with a 1 point game, they missed it, his right hand was on the floor out of bounds and he was touching the ball - refs missed it, announcers missed it, hell seems everyone did....and Carolina scored on following play.

Thank you Francis4Prez, I have been texting my officials group going...wtf since it happened.

DD

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Karnowski shat the bed tonight. Running plays for NWG on a bum ankle was stupid

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The last thing I wanted was for a "name" program to win it all, but I prefer UNC to KU, UK or Duke.

I can't believe Gonzaga missed so many close in shots. Just wasn't meant to be.

Congrats to UNC for getting up off the canvas after losing to Nova and closing the sale this year. Reminds me of Clemson's football team.

12. francis 4 prez

i like carolina so i can't be too mad, especially after their loss last year, but it sucks to watch the whole game and then gonzaga's best scorer sprains his ankle and obviously is affected. he misses a decent jumper and then practically fell down on his next drive which is why he got blocked to seal the game. wonder what happens if he's healthy. although unc kept scoring down the stretch so maybe it doesn't matter.

13. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

14. francis 4 prez

i swear it sometimes seems like the officials only look at stuff if the tv guys notice it. and since nantz was too busy thinking of catchphrases to notice, the refs just didn't care. hard to believe no one notices something so obvious, given how much more invested in college basketball the people in the stadium are than i am. just amazing what goes unnoticed on replay in all sports. but hey, at least the refs took the time to review incidental contact and turn it into a flagrant. they got the important stuff right.

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

It was boring, plain and simple. The style of play in college basketball is just vastly inferior to the NBA.

16. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Absolutely no flow to this game in the 2nd half, thanks to the atrocious officiating. Just ugly and dull.

At least this game was nowhere near as bad as the 2011 UConn/Butler champ game.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm ready for the montage. I love montages.

18. DaDakota

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don&#39;t think that&#39;s gonna make it into one shining moment <a href="https://t.co/VQhdpnRS5e">pic.twitter.com/VQhdpnRS5e</a></p>&mdash; Mike Grimala (@MikeGrimala) <a href="">April 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sad.

DD

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

What an awful game. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, NCAA.

20. DaDakota

I have not seen one mention of this, because ESPN doesn't want to talk about it ---- because Carolina....

This is bullshit.

DD