1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 NCAA Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Huh, Fisher to aggie is true. Hope that scumbag gets murdered by bamer, the barners, and LSU every year.

Who ready for the Mark Richt era in florida football?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jon Gruden
    Chip Kelly
    Matt Campbell
    Dan Mullen
    David Cutcliffe
    Greg Schiano
    Mike Gundy
    Jason Witten
    Jim Bob Cooter
    Jeff Brohm
    Dave Doeren

Stay tuned to find out who will say no to Tennessee next!

3. jdh008

jdh008 Member

This is a pivotal hire for A&M. Over the last half-decade, they've been putting their ducks in a row to become a college football superpower. They made the move to the SEC, their facilities are top-notch, Kyle Field has been expanded, and now they've got a national championship-winning coach.

Now comes the hard part of winning like a college football superpower, and if the rumored salary figures for Fisher are correct, he'll be under immense pressure to get it done sooner rather than later.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, I don't think it would be but I'm biased against the guy. And I don't know if I'd want that job if I was Sumlin.

What other P5 jobs are open? Nebraska(Scott Frost is going there), Arkansas(seems unlikely but maybe?) & Tennessee. I guess some chatter Taggart could go to FSU & Sumlin to Oregon?

I think he has good friends in the media who pump him up (Bruce Feldman) but I think he's overrated. If that's all Tennessee can get at this point, go for it I guess?

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I had the same thought you did when I saw Bruce Feldman's tweet. Unless he's holding on to information that he's not at liberty to disclose yet, I'm not sure I see another obvious landing spot. Feldman was the first to refute (that I saw, at least) Billy Liucci's report that Sumlin was going to ASU, so I'm assuming Feldman has direct contact with Sumlin, which does make me wonder if there's something there that we just don't know about.

I did see a blip on Twitter earlier that Football Scoop mentioned that Sumlin has emerged as a candidate at FSU. That would've surprised me a week ago, but after the last five days, I'm not sure anything can surprise me now.

J.R. likes this.
  7. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

He'll have to get his poop in a group real quick, his first 4 games at aTm are against Dabo and Nicky

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Swiss Roll and Bob Barker 007 like this.
  9. jdh008

jdh008 Member

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Leach in Rocky Top would be amazing.

12. Buck Turgidson

Talk about settling...

Nook likes this.
  13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Does anyone else have bad vibes about Fisher? He just has a sleazy feel about him. Always has. Didn't he essentially undercut Bobby Bowden to get the FSU job to start with?

14. gucci888

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

A train wreck at UT now becomes a flaming train wreck.

16. gucci888

Definitely not the only one. But depending on what you want to believe, FSU has apparently given up on Fisher and has basically said "leave if you want." That's why we're not hearing any reported efforts of trying to keep him really. Maybe a raise was a non-starter but there were some rumors that Fisher would want an increase budget for assistants and some work on facilities. If true, FSU would've been wised to work with him since staff changes were imminent anyways and the facilities would need improvement regardless of who the coach is. But sounds like FSU was just done playing ball and don't blame them really.

For A&M, Fisher will provide some immediate hype and a boost in recruiting (not like that was an issue) but I'm not sure if this is a good fit for either side from a football and personality perspective.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Leach to Tennessee is FUN. Love the idea.

Jimbo to Aggies is satisfactory, they're taking a swing after going to up-and-comer route, but once you factor in that reported $75m guaranteed, O LAWD, they cray.

18. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I wonder if Leach to Tennessee ends up dying on the vine given what we know now. Supposedly, the last straw for Currie was that he tried to go over everyone's head to hire Leach in a hurry. Personally, I'd love to see Leach in Knoxville. Having him coaching in the SEC would be one of the greatest social experiments in our history.

Also, Wayne McGahee of the Tallahassee Democrat just tweeted that Jimbo Fisher has put his Christmas tree out on the curb to be picked up with his trash, with photo evidence to prove it. That, my friends, encapsulates how ridiculous college coaching searches are in that it seems like an absurd thing to report on on its face, and yet, it's probably a very real piece of evidence that Fisher is gone.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I can't really imagine a better hire for A&M. I don't think it will create a fallout with current recruits.

Is there anyone in the SEC that runs a spread like Leach?