1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 NBA All-Star Game: Sunday, Feb 19

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 19, 2017.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If Pop and another coach ended in a tie at the All-Star game, I positively know he would forgo coaching the All-Star team just like Kawhi not playing in the 2nd half of the All-Star game.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

NBA commissioner Adam Silver says All-Star Game needs 'reset'

BOSTON -- NBA commissioner Adam Silver said Friday that changes will come to the league's All-Star Game next year.

Chris Paul, the National Basketball Players Association president, called Silver about ways to change the league's showcase game shortly after the Western Conference raced past the Eastern Conference 192-182 in a defenseless contest.

"Chris said, 'We need to fix this,'" Silver said while speaking on a panel with FiveThirtyEight's Nate Silver at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference. "There is kind of a group-think notion out there that when you have general managers and coaches in essence saying, 'Go easy, don't forget this is just for fun.'

"I just think this is one where we just have to reset," Silver continued. "Chris' suggestion was let's get back with maybe the same group we negotiated the collective bargaining, Michael Jordan on the owners' side, Jeanie Buss, Wyc Grousbeck, James Jones, Kyle Korver and LeBron [James] and others, let's all get back together and figure out a way to do this."

Silver and Paul tossed around potential ideas like having team captains select starters instead of fan balloting, or instituting a 4-point shot to enhance the All-Star Game.

"It is an All-Star Game, and you are out there to have fun," Silver said. "You hear people talking about 4-point shots, something that's not about to happen in the NBA but maybe in an All-Star Game; maybe there is few spots on the floor where it is a 4-point shot, maybe there's a half-court shot in the last minute that is 10 points. I don't know. Maybe those are crazy ideas.

"I encourage people [to email] Adam@NBA.com," Silver added. "We will change it by next year. It shouldn't be playoff intensity, but the guys should be playing."​

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Good. Something to add back some competitiveness and excitement

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I like the notion of making the event more competitive, but the ideas Silver brought up all sound like crap, don't see how they would change a thing honestly.

FTW Rockets FTW and Richie_Rich like this.